Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 3 (789 Views)

Unable to calibrate HP 3D Scan Trial 5.2.1

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP 3D Scan Trial 5.2.1
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I'm currently trying to get the software HP 3D Scan Trial 5.2.1 to work. I never used it before.

When I try to do the setup and calibration, I get this error message : "Camera calibration failed. Could not correctly order the detected markers on one side. Important markers not visible ?".

Here are screenshots of what I have on the software :

screenshot1.pngJust before clicking on calibratescreenshot2.pngThe error message I get

One thing is, the pattern just disappear when I cick on calibrate, is that normal because of the error -whatever it is- or can it be the source of the problem ?

Or did I do something wrong ? I did follow what is said here, but please tell me if you got an idea of where the problem could come from.

Additional information: I'm using my own HD camera and projector, and the trial version of the software, since I want to test it beforehand.

Thank you  !

0 Kudos
Grad Student
Message 2 of 3 (753 Views)

Re: Unable to calibrate HP 3D Scan Trial 5.2.1

For some reason I can´t see the pictures you posted.  Camera should see something like this:

calibration.PNG

You need to adjust sharpness of the projector and camera. Try to get more black dots in camera view and clear view of 6 rings in the middle.

I am an HP Employee

Original David Team Member
Intern
Message 3 of 3 (692 Views)

Re: Unable to calibrate HP 3D Scan Trial 5.2.1

1) You need a 90º corner

2) Your camera/projector need to be much closer to the Cal panels.

www.3dscanforum.org
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation