Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP 3D Scanner SLS3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Unable to calibrate for 30 mm calibration pattern

For 60 calibration runs fine.  Dual cameras. Licenced software. 5.6.0.2037

How can I mange this issue?

01.png02.png03.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I solved this issue by turning the calibration table to a horizontal position.

Side table layoutSide table layoutCalibration performed on 30mm part of the tableCalibration performed on 30mm part of the tableNow both cameras are easily calibrated even at very close range. The only drawback of this solution is that the software thinks that the cameras are located above and below the projector and rotates the received scans horizontally as well. But this can be easily fixed by turning the grouped parts of the model, or after the final merger.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Try to make more zoom. You have to see only calibration panels and nothing else in live view. Normally in my experience.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I  am facing the same issue. I need to scan very small object. We have 2 cameras. I can calibrate at 30 mm using one camera but with 2 cameras nothing is working, I have tried several times, 2 person from my group also tried.

To maintain consistency in our research I have to scan using 2 cameras. Did it work out for you?

If not can HP please address this issue to confirm whether or not it's possible? and if possible then how?

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi Sumana1
I am sorry I didnt yet played with double camera system. So I cant help in this case.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have an update, yesterday I tried for some time and luckily i was able to calibrate with 2 cameras at 30 mm. It is not easy at all, lots of trial and error. I played with the camera position from the projector, camera angle (I set it to around 24 degrees). I also tried calibrating both cameras separately to see what marker point position is ideal. So it's nearly impossible but achievable.IMG-2908.JPG

HP Recommended

Its came to my experience that camera must look at approximately equal angle between both calibration panels. In two cameras I think it causes problem to maintain equal angle as one must look at more normal then other one.  
On the other hand, I want to ask you what difference you feel while using two cameras???

HP Recommended

I decided to use single camera mode with 30 mm calibration. Actually two cameras scanning takes more time to process each scan, but i do not see very big difference comparing to single camera scanning. Anyway I am using dual cameras mode because have paid for dual camera extension kit:) 

HP Recommended

I solved this issue by turning the calibration table to a horizontal position.

Side table layoutSide table layoutCalibration performed on 30mm part of the tableCalibration performed on 30mm part of the tableNow both cameras are easily calibrated even at very close range. The only drawback of this solution is that the software thinks that the cameras are located above and below the projector and rotates the received scans horizontally as well. But this can be easily fixed by turning the grouped parts of the model, or after the final merger.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.