Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprout G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello there,

I'm desperately seeking help regarding HP 3D Scan v5 as, whenever I log into my Sprout G2 computer and complete a projector calibration, everything is displayed fine, inside the white region of the matt, 

20181116_112014.jpg

BUT

whenever I launch HP 3D Scan v5, the projection gets distorted again:

20181115_175209.jpg

I compared this result (granted i have ALL Windows Updates applied and ALL HP app updates applied too) to a youtuber video where you can clearly see his version is OLDER and he gets a perfect calibration inside the white matt:

I 'm having lots of alignment issues, surfaces not recognized and backgrounds not ignored (even if I scan them with the matt empty and tick the REMOVE BACKGROUND option on the software).

Is there any way to totally uninstall this software and reinstall it somehow? A hard reset? Any solution PLEASE?

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

The behavior you're seeing on Sprout is normal and expected behavior the software turns off the keystone correction because the keystone correction can cause some distortions in the scan.  When the software closes down it should restore the projector keystone correction back to what it was, but while HP 3D Scan pro is running the projector will project outside of the white area of the touchmat.

The software version shown in that video is version 5.2.0 which is before the software even officially supported the HP Sprout.  The user probably calibrated the software themself using the "custom" scanner option and a V plate calibration from the DAVID standalone scanner.  This mode will not produce the best scans since the input to the projector is being keystone corrected.

The alignment errors are most likely due to thermal drift, the best way to minimize these errors is to leave the system and projector on for 10-20 minutes before performing a background or normal scan.

I believe that you can uninstall the software using the discover app, or by going into Windows' "Add or remove programs".  Re-installation can be done by through the discover app, or by downloading the latest version 5 of the software from https://www.david-3d.com/en/support/downloads or from the official HP website

I hope that helps a bit.  Cheers!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi

The behavior you're seeing on Sprout is normal and expected behavior the software turns off the keystone correction because the keystone correction can cause some distortions in the scan.  When the software closes down it should restore the projector keystone correction back to what it was, but while HP 3D Scan pro is running the projector will project outside of the white area of the touchmat.

The software version shown in that video is version 5.2.0 which is before the software even officially supported the HP Sprout.  The user probably calibrated the software themself using the "custom" scanner option and a V plate calibration from the DAVID standalone scanner.  This mode will not produce the best scans since the input to the projector is being keystone corrected.

The alignment errors are most likely due to thermal drift, the best way to minimize these errors is to leave the system and projector on for 10-20 minutes before performing a background or normal scan.

I believe that you can uninstall the software using the discover app, or by going into Windows' "Add or remove programs".  Re-installation can be done by through the discover app, or by downloading the latest version 5 of the software from https://www.david-3d.com/en/support/downloads or from the official HP website

I hope that helps a bit.  Cheers!

HP Recommended

It indeed offers some help! Thanks 😉

Never thought of thermal drift...it's true we're currently in winter in a fresh environment at certain times and the Sprout being "hot" hehe I'll take care of that.

Apparently it did a better job with a pale clear figure so the milestone here is to be able to scan darker stuff 😕

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.