Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP 3D SLS Pro 3 Dual cameras
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am struggling to get the scan time to 2 seconds or even 10 seconds (the advertised scanning time). Each scan currently requires 30 seconds - which is way slower than I hope.

I have an SLS3 dual cameras system, and I plug both cameras to USB 3.0 port. I also have 16 GB of RAM installed, and the CPU only uses 18% at most. 

Can anyone tell me what's the requirement to achieve a scan time of 2 seconds?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It is a limitation of USB bandwidth.The cameras that you are using are USB 3.0, you need to check are you using USB 3 ports, they are usually blue or they have SS mark (SuperSpeed).

Identify-USB-3.0-Port-in-Laptop-Check-Color

I am an HP Employee

Original David Team Member

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

30 sec is waoo slow. Check setup menu "Framerate limit" it should be none. How fast is the pattern displayed on the object? Does mesh creation take so long? Can you test a different profiles in scanning menu (speed, default, quality).

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply!

Ahh, I think the problem is indeed related to "Frame rate limit".

I understand the "Frame rate limit" limits the maximum number of camera images per second.

However, if I set the "Frame rate limit" to none, the software cannot maintain both cameras.

The same happens when I set the frame rate limit to more than 10 s if I have a second scanning software running in the background.

Is that a limitation of my CPU? or a limitation of the RAM?

For the 30 seconds, I had a "frame rate limit" as 5s, and I selected "speed". "Default" and "Quality" take even longer.

Thanks for your help!

HP Recommended

It is a limitation of USB bandwidth.The cameras that you are using are USB 3.0, you need to check are you using USB 3 ports, they are usually blue or they have SS mark (SuperSpeed).

Identify-USB-3.0-Port-in-Laptop-Check-Color

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply!

One of the cameras was not connected to USB 3 port and the problem was resolved by switching. 

Thank you for your help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.