Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
3D Scanner 450
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The MakerBot 3D scanner was discontinued. Sucks for me because my school was thinking about getting a scanner and the one by MakerBot seemed pretty good for its price. Right now my school has about $1000-$1200 budget for this scanner? Whats something that is good that we can use for our technology lab? We hope to use these scans to 3D print models, art, and replacement parts.

The Xbox 360 Kinect I heard was good for 3D scanning but I need confirmation.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The xBox 360 3D scanning resolution is extremely low. Options based on more modern Intel D415 / D435 solutions can provide slightly better quality.

Here is an example of a self portrait taken by xBox 360:

Self-portrait with xBox360 as 3D scannerSelf-portrait with xBox360 as 3D scanner

HP Recommended

The issues arise in the accuracy you need for your models, especially for replacement parts. If you are going to make technically and engineering accurate parts you will need more than just the scanner. You will need to be able to clean up the scans of very large file sizes and then import to a parametric software like Solidworks to make working CAD/CAM models for STL prints etc... All of that is out of the price range you listed. with $1000-1200 you may look at the OPENSCAN from europe. It is a DIY build it yourself and uses Photogametry instead of Structured light or lasers. If you can increase your budget I would still buy the HP 3dScanPro. The cameras are global shutterless, industrial imaging, and high resolution that work well with the projector they use, which has  special lenses for macro parts like you are describing. Otherwise you will be in low end of Einscan which still is out of the price range.

HP Recommended

does your 3d scanner include 3d printer?
By the way, do such models exits?
I'm interested in 3d printing, so, where could I make a 3d print model of the thing I want to print?

HP Recommended

Ohh, to be honest, I don’t know, and it seems to me that it all depends on what purpose you want to buy a 3D printer for. For example, my friend bought a mini 3D printer for entertainment and spent about 1,500 euros. It seems to me that this is pointless and that this money could be spent on something cooler ... I also really like 3D printing and different 3D models, but I prefer not to spend money on buying a printer because I don’t even know how it works, but ordering 3D models online from companies like imprimeur 3D. It's actually very convenient and more profitable so think about it!

Im a good man.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.