Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi everyone!

Been looking to put up a business that requires the use of 3D printers, though anytime soon. I just want to ask your two cents or perhaps some suggestions or recommendations for 3D scanning and printing machines. I'm a complete neophyte in this field though I have some experience working with regular printers and ink cartridges. 

My priority areas for choosing a 3D printer would be as follows:

• Affordability - Is there a printer between the $200 and $500 price range? How much do their ink/toner cartridges cost?
  • Longevity - How long is such printer likely to last? 
  • Troubleshooting - Compared to other 3D printers/scanners, how frequently does this printer malfunction? What sort of issues does this printer usually encounter?
  • Environment-Friendly - Were there past complaints about the printer's effects on user health? Does it have toxic ingredients within its cartridge(s)?

If you can refer at least 3 models/brands that match the criteria I listed above, I'd be greatly indebted. 

Thanks a lot!

Tech guy, geek, blogger at Hottoner.com.au - digital creative in a nutshell. Deals with printers, inks and toner cartridges. Need more experience with 3D printers.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.