Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,,,,if I have camera that has 3500 fps,,,,,is hp 3d scan 5 support this speed,,,what is maximum speed for camera do I need to take one single scan in 1 or 2 second

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

I use 6.3MP cameras operating at 60fps (they can also work as 2.3MP (FullHD) at 60 or 120fps) - I do not observe differences in scanning speed between 60 and 120fps, since the projector frequency is limited to only 60Hz (actually 60fps).

The main increase in speed can be achieved by lowering the resolution of the cameras and reducing the number of patterns that the projector displays on the scan target.

HP Recommended

FPS has literally zero impact on scan speed.

HP Recommended

Well, I wouldn’t say that ... after all, there is an addiction. I have many different cameras ... one that produces 8fps and has a resolution of 3.1Mp requires about 40 seconds per scan step .. 5.1MP camera with 16.7fps allows you to do one scan in 25sec.

HP Recommended

Ok, to be more specific, above a certain threshold, which is the projector and the software speed of changing the patterns, higher FPS has no benefit, so there is no difference between between 30 or 300 fps.

Also higher FPS cameras that are also high enough resolution need a very bright light source and I don't think this will be conducive for SLS

HP Recommended

When using a "typical" projector with a display frequency of 60 Hz, an increase in camera speed above 60fps no longer plays a role. However, if the projector (and such models exist) is capable of delivering 120Hz, then the camera will be able to work faster (but, again, the restriction comes from the projector again)

P.S. My main camera uses the sony imx178 matrix - this is one of the best (and fastest) matrices, both in terms of quantum efficiency and low level of intrinsic noise.

HP Recommended

yes I test it,,,, I  change the frame and get more speed,,,,but I wonder what will happen if increase the speed to at lest 120fps how time it will take?.

HP Recommended

It is extremely difficult to guess how long a scan with a high-speed projector can turn out (there are a lot of influence factors, including computer power, etc.).

Scanning in this program goes through two stages - optical (when data is collected from the camera) and "mathematical" (when this data is converted to a point cloud). If the first stage is more dependent on the number of patterns, but the second - on the resolution of the camera. In my case, if I take the full resolution of 6.3 megapixels to the second stage, it takes 5-6 seconds, then in the resolution of 1.3 megapixels it takes about 1 second. (at the same time, in both resolutions the “optical” part takes about 5 seconds at 60fps)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.