Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
SLS-2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi I can't create a support ticket for David 3D scanner, HP site rejects my SLS-2 serial number, format: '000####'

I have a problem where I need a replacement licence key dongle for a failed device, and no way of contacting HP for support without a valid HP serial numlber.

Please provide an e-mail address or phoine number of someone who take my details and can help dispatch a replacement license key ASAP.

Perhaps more importantly, please updare serial number database for DAVID scanner serial list.

Thanks,

Steve.

31 REPLIES 31
HP Recommended

Did HP support gave you a call?

I am an HP Employee

Original David Team Member
HP Recommended

I called HP support, got put on hold 6 times before I got someone who knew what a David 3D Scanner was and could help, they created me a ticket ID 5001619020 and gave me a tip: to reach team for supporting David scanners, input "envy curve" (HP curved screen all in one PC) into the product field as the same team supports it.

they gave me an e-mail address for someone who was able to make a temporary fix for my problem, but I'm still waiting for a replacement USB license dongle.

Thanks for getting back to me, I hope this info is useful for others searching for help with this device.

HP Recommended

I  have David 3D Scanner software which is giving me the following error:  "The license is not valid for this computer hardware" .  It has been working fine on this computer until it was updated to Windows 10.  The software registration ID is YCD3P0073D0E5ACC658CB3C23F293E08F9A8E666D09A579505E858D94BDC553799
I need to get this running again for a big project.
Cheers
Ted White

HP Recommended

There is an email address for the PC license problems. I cannot write it here because it will be spammed. Check your inbox for a message.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

is there anyway you could also send me that email address i am having the same issue

HP Recommended

Sure, check your inbox.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,  I am also having the above issue.  We are a 3D scan studio operating David SLS-3, running David 5 software.  We have misplaced our USB key and would like to inquire about a replacement, or workaround.  Could you please help us?  Consistent with the above message, when inputting a serial number through the automated website support ticket system, the serial number database is not updated with David scanners.  Thank you in advance for your help.  Nathan

HP Recommended

Check your inbox.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, I am having the same problem, I just got my hands on a Davis SLS-3 scanner and it says "The license is not valid for this computer hardware", could you help me with that too? thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.