Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
scanner DAVID SLS-3 HD v4.5.3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everybody,

I'm fairly new in the world of 3D scanning. I bought a DAVID SLS3 HD scanner and have many questions since there are a lot of things to learn to obtain final good quality stl's and i cannot find much information on the web.

I'm using the DAVID turntable to scan diferent little sculptures and I always end up with final stl models having like double layers in some places (when there should only be one)  and different lines or small steps marking the overlapping of the different scans. The quality of the different scans is fairly goog though.

Is it a problem with the calibration, a problem of redundant information, something that can be solved  adjusting the advanced settings? I 've followed the tutorials step by step but still get these results.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Do you have an example of this double layering? Can you try manual alignment using Contact Pair Selection to see if this is better?

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.