10-16-2018 03:55 PM - edited 10-16-2018 03:57 PM
A warm welcome to the HP community and a good day to you. I have reviewed the case. I understand that you have posted here for the first time and it will be an honor to assist you. Let's work as a team to figure things out. Terrific description of the issue. Kudos to you for a job well done.
- Did this happen after a recent power outage or surge?
- Did this occur after a recent software or Windows update?
- Are you able to make photocopies directly from the printer?
- Did you run Hp print and scan doctor and check again?
- Is it a wireless or USB connection?
For now, try these steps:
- Perform a hard reset on the printer from this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-ink-tank-wireless-410-series/16180953/model/16180954/documen... perform steps from the section “Step 1: Reset the printer
- Then update the printer’s firmware by following instructions from this link: https://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c02919168
- Use a USB cable to update the printer’s firmware connecting it to a computer.
- Then run HP print and scan doctor on the printer by following directions from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02073861
- Now check if the issue gets resolved.
If it continues, please perform all the prescribed steps from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8610-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5367603/model... (HP Printers - Printer Not Found During Network Driver Setup (Windows)
- Step 1: Restart the computer, printer, and router
- Step 2: Check the network and printer connection status
- Step 3: Manually connect the printer to your network (wireless connections only and follow instructions from the other sections also till the issue gets resolved.
- Other things to try:
- Update the router's firmware.
- Run all the latest Windows 10 updates and ensure that they are correctly installed.
- Now check if the issue gets fixed.
If the issue continues, then uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers at the root level by following these steps:
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
Restart the PC again.
Then download the latest full feature driver from https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-officejet-pro-8610-e-all-in-one-printe... and install it on the computer after selecting the correct operating system.
Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.
This should fix it for you.
- Try to print and scan and check if the issue gets resolved. if it continues, then use Hp scan and capture to scan from the computer. Check this link:https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675206 (HP Printers - Using the HP Scan and Capture App (Windows 10, 8) to download, install and use the app with valid FAQs.
- You could use HP Smart app also to print and scan. This is a wonderful app. Follow directions from this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04675142 (HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Windows 10)
- This app lets you print and scan as well. This should do the trick for you.
Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. :)
I am an HP Employee