2 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

"Twisted" plane as scan result

HP 3D scanner SLS pro s2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everybody,

after a few days of testing the scanner, I've noticed that (sometimes) scanned flat planes are a little bit twisted.

After a while I also noticed that "the twist" happens when the projector flashes ... as if the resolution has been changed...

The calibration is ok...

I also tried to scan calibration plates (planes), where "the twist" appears unexpected withouth any warning... (agin after the flash)...

I took a few screenshots...

01.JPG02.JPG03.JPG

I already updated graphic card drivers... Laptop has 2 cards (Intel HD and Nvidia GeForce 750M).

Tried also with another laptop, the issue stays...

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks in advance...

3 REPLIES
Grad Student
Grad Student
317 19 31
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Projector flashes? I don´t see the posted pictures yet, can you please describe "projector flashes"? Flashes a color?

Flashes full picture or something like stripes? Does it happens when you playback anything else, for example youtube video?

I am an HP Employee

Original David Team Member
0 Kudos
nimsaj Honor Student
Honor Student
2 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Projector flashes.... It would be better to say flickes once (thanks google translate) .... It looks like projectors would "adjust" resolution,as some older projectors did...

I haven't noticed anjy flickering when projecting ordinary stuff...

Tommorow I coul take a short video for demonstration...

Thank you...
0 Kudos
Grad Student
Grad Student
317 19 31
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Projector needs to be in native resolution 1280x800, if you are scanning in any other resolution your scans will be distorted.

I am an HP Employee

Original David Team Member
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation