Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

So I get my slate 7 today and I plug it into my laptop to push some files after turning on USB debugging and I come to find out that there are no usb drivers for this device. I plugged in my phone to double check that the cord and sure enough and came up under ADB devices through Android SDK. However, when going into developer options, there is a option that says select debug app. I have never seen this before but I guess it is something with android 4.1.1. I'm used to HTC where all you do is plug it in your computer and you USB drivers are installed and you have access to ADB. Are there any USB drivers for this device so I can push things and try to start developing or do I only have the option of MTP or PTP?

Phone: Evo 4G LTE
Tablet: HP Slate 7
Laptop: Hp Envy 4

If I have helped you in and well, please hit me with a KUDOS
48 REPLIES 48
HP Recommended

Find the config file adb_usb.ini (normally in C:\User\xxxx\.android), edit it and add HP VID 0x03F0 and then save it, restart you adb service, you will be able to get the device attached.

HP Recommended

Hi, Thank you for the tip with the Slate ADB Driver. I do have unfortunatley no such ini file on my machine...? Any Idea?

HP Recommended

1. please use this command to add it

echo 0x03F0 >> %HOMEPATH%\.android\adb_usb.ini

2. And, find the Google USB driver android_winusb.inf which is located in <sdk>\extras\google\usb_driver\.

Add below sections and save it,

; HP
%SingleAdbInterface%        = USB_Install, USB\VID_03F0&PID_5E1D
%CompositeAdbInterface%     = USB_Install, USB\VID_03F0&PID_5D1D&MI_01
%CompositeAdbInterface%     = USB_Install, USB\VID_03F0&PID_601D&MI_01

3. Manual install driver for the device, from Device Manager.

After all these done, restart ADB service to check the device (adb devices)

HP Recommended

it works !

With the recommended adb_usb.ini file and the modifications in the android_winusb.inf.

I added the lines in the [Google.NTamd64] section of android_winusb.inf file (after the  ";Google Nexus (generic)" entry and manually installed the driver for the unknown "HP" device that appears when enabling USB debugging.

Now ADB detects the device.

Thanks Henry !

HP Recommended

HI,

The above informations is help me too, and it's working, but when I expand in the cmd the adb recovery prompt, it's lost the communications, and on my device manager the HP tablet appears again with exclamation mark but in this mode the driver does not work, could you help me in this issue?

Thanks in advance for the help

HP Recommended

What you have done is put you tablet in basic recovery mode by pushing the adb reboot recovery command.

You should not do this unless we can get the tablet rooted with a custom recovery.

The main purpose of this is for HP troubleshooting if they every need to reinstall software onto your tablet.

Try holding the power button for 10-20 seconds and see if you can get a soft reset:

If not try this

Hold the Power + Volume Up + Volume Down and see if you can get into the stock android recovery

Here are the steps below

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=120&prodSeriesId=...

Phone: Evo 4G LTE
Tablet: HP Slate 7
Laptop: Hp Envy 4

If I have helped you in and well, please hit me with a KUDOS
HP Recommended

Has anyone managed to get into fastboot?

I have 14 of these tablets I'm trying to preinstall an app on without interfering with the startup wizard/initial set up process. I basically need it to appear brand new to the user, with the exception of already having my app installed. This is a corporate thing and they don't want to distribute it through the Play Store.

"adb reboot bootloader" just shuts the tablet off, very frustrating. Any ideas?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Sideloading an unsigned update.zip using adb in recovery mode didn't work either, no surprise there.

Am I wasting my time trying to do it this way? Do I need root?

HP Recommended

@Gleasonator -  were you able to get the device back to normal?  If not, how about putting update.zip onto an SD card as recommended?

Just wondering if the ADB option will cause problems for other users...

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.