Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 10 inch tablet
Android 5.0 - 5.1.1 Lollipop

How do I get rid of the message Android process acore has stopped.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Pamayer

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand there's an error on your android device that's needs a beating (fix), I have a series of steps/solutions available for you,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Did you know that this issue is related to the applications installed on your device?

That said, have you attempted to reinstall (remove and install) your gmail app and the account?

(This seems to have helped others with the same issue)

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Solution 1: Clear Cache of Application

The first solution for fix unfortunately the process android.process.acore has stopped error is a clear cache of application.

Please make sure before clear cache and data of the contact app you have taken backup of all your contacts. There are lots of apps available in google play store to back up the contacts list. Super Backup and Contacts Backup is the best application for backup your contact. For clear cache on your android device just follow the below steps.

• Open setting application on your android device.
  • Go to Application manager and find the contacts app.
  • Click on the contact app and select the clear data option.
  • In application, manage finds the contact storage app and clear the data.
  • In android marshmallow 6.0, you will find a clear cache and clear data in storage option.
  • After clearing the app data restart your android device.

If the error is not fixed then you can also try to disable the contacts storage or follow the other solution is given below.

Solution 2: Clear Facebook Messenger Data

Disabling the facebook app can also stop the error occurring because facebook app connected with your mobile contact list. So clear data of the facebook app process is same as mention above. After clearing the facebook data disable sync for facebook messenger and delete all contacts. After that restart your android device. If you are still facing “unfortunately the process android.process.acore has stopped” issue then try a below solution.

Solution 3: Reset app preferences

• For reset, the app preferences just follow the below step by step process.
  • First, open setting application on your android device.
  • Go to application manager and choose reset app preferences option.

Solution 4: Update Android OS

First, check any software update is available for your android version if any pending software update available on your android device then update to the latest version. Because if you update your software then errors are automatically fixed. So must update your android device to the latest version.

Solution 5: Clear System Partition Cache

Mostly this error occurs due to cache on the system partition. After clear the system partition cache, this error definitely solved. For clear cache in system partition just follow the below step by step process.

• Turn off your android device.
  • Now press the volume up + power button + home button at a time.
  • And android system recovery screen will be open.
  • Use the volume up key and down key to navigate
  • Go to wipe cache partition and use the power button to confirm.

Solution 6: Clear Data Of Google Play, Google Play Services

This solution will work for you if the error is caused by google play service. After clear the data of google play store and google play service restart your android device. Also, you can update google play service.

Solution 7: Reset Your Android Device

After applying all above solution and you still face the error then only solution available is reset your android device. Before resetting your device backup mobile data. Factory reset process erases all the data and apps from your android device. For backup android device follow the below step by step process.

• First, open setting app on your android device.
  • And find the backup and reset option
  • Now click on the factory data reset option.

Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve, 

As I will follow up to ensure your concern is resolved,

That said, If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The first solution for fix unfortunately the process android.process.acore has stopped error is a clear cache of application. ... Go to Application manager and find the contacts app. Click on the contact app and select the clear data option. In application, manage finds the contact storage app and clear the data liteblue.

HP Recommended

Æ

HP Recommended

Thank you for the good info unfortunately when I click on ok the message just keeps coming back so I'm not able to access Application Manager

If I can connect my phone to my laptop I'm guessing I may be able to take stuff off my phone and store it on my desktop which would give me space to get in to Application Manager?

Your thoughts and advice would be most welcome thank you😊

HP Recommended

I tried all these steps and it's still popping up on my tablet.

HP Recommended

My Handset Name symphony p6

android.process.acore system is stopped

pls help 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.