cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 2
28 18 1 2
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Solved!

Bought tablet (Compaq CT101) claiming to be made by HP??

HP Recommended
Compaq CT101
Android 8.0 - 8.1 Oreo

I bought a 2-in-1 tablet made by Compaq (on-air rep. states made by HP) with docking keyboard. I later remembered something about HP and Compaq not really associated anymore. I'm curious about why HP is allowing HSN to specifically state that THEY make the tablet.  I now know that that is a blatant lie.  And though I like the tablet, I don't like being lied to.  Here is a link to the tablet: Compaq CT 101

Is there some way I can contact HP and talk with a live person?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
23,800 23,788 1,579 2,238
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@sirzune,

I recommend you contact support and they will assist you in this regard.

Here is how you can get in touch with tech support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
28 18 1 2
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Since it won't recognize this tablet's model, I doubt if I'd be able to continue to getting through to Chat.  I can't get past that first page that comes after submitting model type, as there is no option for the model.  But thanks for the reply.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,222 18,182 781 847
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@sirzune

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 2
28 18 1 2
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation