Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 10 1951RA tablet
Android 4.1 and older

My tablet is stuck in bootloop for unknown reasons, and i tried all the methods like factory reset to recover but no use. The only solution is reinstall the firmware which I couldn't find it in your website, (your website does not offer the download). Is it possible for me to get the tablet's firmware, through some special arrangement like uploading it your website for download or sending a download link to my email.? My tablet is lying dead for over two and a half months. Thanks in advance.

1.jpg

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi PRasad_Elumalai, 

I have found a 3rd Party link for the drivers : 

https://driverscollection.com/?H=10%201951RA%20Tablet&By=HP

Please let me know if you are able to download the drivers and incase if not please reply back and will get a downloable driver link. 

Regards

Aneesh 

--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post)
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

HP Recommended

Hello @Prasad_Elumalai, thank you for visiting the HP Forum.  I also had trouble locating the firmware on the HP site and had some problems with the third party driver recommended.  After discussing your issue with one of our experts, I received the following comments:

---

HP 10 1951RA tablet
P/N: F5H93PA
P/N: F6B21PA
Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

From what I have found the tablet is intended for Asian and mainly Indian market.

It is Android. It has a boot loader operational even when the system itself is broken. He can install the system from scratch after booting into the loader. To do so he needs so called stock ROM that is the original manufacturer's OS or firmware.  It is a zip file.  I have not found it.

Someone from HP should send him a correct link or file.
---
You can contact HP Tech Support for your location or email me with your product serial number and your contact information and I will be happy to escalate your issue.
I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

It's not the driver I'm asking for.. Its the Tablets' firmware also called the STOCK ROM, which is the Tablet's OS in a Zip file.. With that I can fix my bootloop problem by reinstalling the Tablet OS. For many other of your Tablets' models I can find the STOCK ROM file available for download in your website.. Not for the Tablet Model I own.:smileysad:

If it was there, my Tablet would not be lying dead for 3 months now.:smileyfrustrated::smileyfrustrated:

HP Recommended

Hello again, @Prasad_Elumalai, thank you for your reply and emai.  I have now submitted your issue to the HP team supporting your location.  

HP Recommended

Hello @Prasad_Elumalai,

Thanks again for your reply.  For others who may visit this post with the same issue, let me share the link that HP Tech Support has provided:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL62822/ob-151340-1/update.zip

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Patty-B, Thanks for you reply..

I downloaded the update.zip from the link you provided. And tried to install using the following recovery options-

1. apply update from external storage.

2. apply update from ADB.

but in both cases the installation aborted as  you can see below.. Sorry for the blur image (Image taken from an old model mobile phone)

2017-03-30 20.01.44.jpg

2017-03-30 19.29.13.jpg

I think the download link provided does not corresponds to the Android OS for my tablet model. I think the update.zip needs to be checked for compatibility with my model. Please help.

Don't know what to do further. 

HP Recommended

Hello @Prasad_Elumalai,

Thank you for your update which I have shared with one of our experts who advises:

#########
Try before the update:
- Wipe data/factory reset
- Wipe cache partition

Use update.zip as a file name. Do not rename.

#########

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

I followed the same procedure as you have mentioned before installing the update.zip. But the installation aborts.

It opens the package at first and verifies for a few seconds. The progress bar fills upto a quarter and then suddenly it aborts the installation. This happens in both ways I followed to install the OS (using Sd Card and ADB sideloading). Any further suggestions??

HP Recommended

Hello @Prasad_Elumalai,

Thank you for your update.  I regret that the link is problematic.  I've been advised to re-escalate your issue.  I see that Tech Support has emailed you and has tried to reach you by phone.  Via an HP Forum private email, please confirm your email, phone and if available can you provide an alternate phone number.

Kind regards,

Patty-B

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.