Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Sdgob-1621
Android 8.0 - 8.1 Oreo

Can't get the printer on the same network or the two 1 being phone other being printer to connect the phone detects the printer but they will not connect or link. Please help have a lot of paper work I need scanned and printed for large life project.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @KenM11

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

To better assist you - 

1) Are you getting any error message? 

2) What's the status of the Wi-Fi LED on the printer - solid or blinking? 

While you respond to that, try these steps -

Network Restore - Press the Wireless button and the Cancel button from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for three seconds.

If the router has a WPS push button, try these steps -

1) Press and hold the Wireless button on the printer for more than three seconds to start WPS push mode. The Wireless light starts blinking.
2) Press the WPS button on your router.
NOTE: THE MOMENT YOU PRESS THE WIRELESS BUTTON ON YOUR PRINTER, WITHIN 30 SECONDS YOU SHOULD PRESS THE WPS BUTTON ON THE ROUTER.

You may also try the steps mentioned in this video link - How To Set Up a Wireless HP Printer from Android?

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.