Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 35S

Hi,

Back in May 8 year I purchased the HP 35S caculator. I then noticed a few months later that the calculator would not turn on .I thought the calculator was defective, but it turns out after replacing the batteries it turned on. I found it odd that with the batteries provided by HP and the fact that I had nothing stored in my calculator's manual that the battereis had to be replaced so soon. Anyways, I decided replace the battereis with the Maxell Lithium brand, which have a nominal capacity of 220mAh. The expiration date was for either 2019 or 2020. The calculator was hardly used.

Now today, I noticed again that the cacluator will not turn on. I don't have any batteires on hand, but I am more than certain after replacing the batteries that it will indeed turn on. And same as before, I hardly used the calculator.

So I want to know, is my calculator defective? Do I need to try a different brand of batteries. I did some reading in this support forum and the only thing I found is that with a lot of memory stored in the calculator, the batteries will last under a year.

Could this be related to the battery drain issue experienced with the HP-50G due to a bad batch of capacitors?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Gus

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I also have the issue that my HP35S drains battery very fast.  It didn't always do this.  But I put in fresh batteries and then a few days later when I need to use my calculator, it will only stay on for about 10 seconds. 

HP Recommended

I sent you a private message.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.