Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Slate 10 HD
Android 4.4 - 4.4.4 KitKat

Hi,

I haven't used my HP Slate 10 HD Android tablet, running 4.4 KitKat for nearly a year.

It was working OK last time powered up.

It charges OK and shows the battery charging symbol when plugged in.

When I try to boot the tablet it sticks on the "HP beats" startup logo.

In case it's relevant, as  a recent/former HPE employee, I had to install HP supplied Encryption, on this personal tablet, to enable both business and personal use.

Please can someone help?

Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Pip007

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service (Like a Genie, however, without magic powers) 😉

If you aren't able to get through it after performing a hard reset, disconnecting the power cable and holding the power button for about 30 seconds, then restarting the device, you may need to perform a factory reset to get back into the device:

Here's what you'll need to do:

If your tablet does not start normally, or if you do not remember the lock screen password, it might be necessary to perform a reset without turning on the tablet.

CAUTION:

All data saved on your device is deleted when you perform a factory reset. All apps are uninstalled. Data stored in your Google Account can be restored. Back up all important files, either on the Web or with an external storage device, before resetting the tablet.

Use the following steps to begin the factory reset:

1. Charge the tablet for at least half an hour, and then disconnect the charging cable from the tablet.

2. If you have a microSD card installed in the tablet, remove the memory card before resetting the tablet.

3. Select your tablet model from the list below to view instructions for resetting the tablet.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: Click here (Skip to Resetting when the tablet does not start)

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out

I will have a colleague follow-up on this to ensure it's taken care off, in case you don't respond in the next 24-48hrs,

As I need to know if the issue has been resolved, to get proper sleep at night.

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge and have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Pip007

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service (Like a Genie, however, without magic powers) 😉

If you aren't able to get through it after performing a hard reset, disconnecting the power cable and holding the power button for about 30 seconds, then restarting the device, you may need to perform a factory reset to get back into the device:

Here's what you'll need to do:

If your tablet does not start normally, or if you do not remember the lock screen password, it might be necessary to perform a reset without turning on the tablet.

CAUTION:

All data saved on your device is deleted when you perform a factory reset. All apps are uninstalled. Data stored in your Google Account can be restored. Back up all important files, either on the Web or with an external storage device, before resetting the tablet.

Use the following steps to begin the factory reset:

1. Charge the tablet for at least half an hour, and then disconnect the charging cable from the tablet.

2. If you have a microSD card installed in the tablet, remove the memory card before resetting the tablet.

3. Select your tablet model from the list below to view instructions for resetting the tablet.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: Click here (Skip to Resetting when the tablet does not start)

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out

I will have a colleague follow-up on this to ensure it's taken care off, in case you don't respond in the next 24-48hrs,

As I need to know if the issue has been resolved, to get proper sleep at night.

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge and have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you.

As expected, had to do a factory reset on HP Slate 10 HD tablet.

Followed the link you gave me, watched the helpful video and followed the steps.

Was a bit nervous on wiping to reset, especially as it took around 10mins to progress beyond initial steps, then a few errors reporting E:failed to mount/cache (Invalid Argument) ?

But it eventually gave me the "reboot system now" and now starting from factory reset.

Lost any local data, but most recoverable, so very relieved.

Thank you very much.

HP Recommended

@Pip007

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts, 

I'm glad I could contribute in identifying and leading you towards the solution.

Thanks for honoring us by accepting our post as the solution, as it helps the community grow.

I must say, it's been a genuine pleasure interacting with you,

You can always click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos,

Take care and have an awesome week ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.