Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Slate 21
Android 4.1 - 4.3.1 Jelly Bean

I'd like to use my photos as a Daydream (under Settings>Display>Daydream), but it cannot access Google photos or any images on the hd. The colours and clock works, but not the news and weather neither.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@JaneSnow

Welcome to HP Forums,

We'll be with you until it's all sorted!

Here's all you need to know about changing the appearance of the device:

Wallpaper is a color, design, or image displayed on the Home screen and Lock screen of your tablet. The tablet comes pre-loaded with a selection of wallpapers, and live wallpapers (which are images that include motion). You can also use any image stored in the Gallery app (for example, a photo you took using the tablet camera), as wallpaper. Use the steps in this section to change the wallpaper on your tablet.

Use an installed Wallpaper or Live Wallpaper:

1. On the Home screen, tap the All apps icon, and then tap the Settings icon.

2. In the Device section, tap Display.

Figure : Display

Display in the Device section of Settings
  3. Tap Wallpaper.

Figure : Wallpaper

Wallpaper in the Display settings menu
  4. Tap Wallpapers or Live Wallpapers.

NOTE:

Using Live Wallpaper affects battery performance.

5. Tap a wallpaper thumbnail image to preview the full-size wallpaper.

6. With your desired wallpaper open, tap Set wallpaper.

Use an image from the Gallery:

3. Tap Wallpaper.

Figure : Wallpaper

Wallpaper in the Display settings menu
  4. Tap Gallery.

5. Tap the album or collection where the image is located.

6. Select the area of the image that you want to use as your wallpaper. tap and drag to move the selection area. Tap and drag the sides of the selection area to increase or decrease the selection size.

7. When you are satisfied with the wallpaper selection, tap OK.

Also, Here's how to use Daydream screensaver apps on your HP tablet:

The tablet turns off and locks the screen while in sleep mode. Daydream allows you to choose a screensaver for your tablet that displays while the tablet is in sleep mode. Preinstalled Daydream options include Clock and Colors; other Daydream screensaver apps are available for download from the Google Play Store (in English). Use the following steps to turn Daydream on or off, and choose when the tablet daydreams:

NOTE:

With Daydream enabled, the tablet screen does not lock unless you press the power button.

3. Tap Daydream.

Figure : Daydream

Daydream in the Display settings menu
  4. Tap the OFF/ON switch to turn Daydream on.

Figure : Daydream OFF/ON

Daydream OFF/ON
  5. Tap When to daydream and select when you want the daydream screensaver to display (while docked, while charging, or either).

Figure : When to daydream

When to daydream

The tablet enters Daydream mode when no input is detected for the amount of time specified in sleep settings (refer to the HP support document Changing Power Settings and Modes to learn more about setting the sleep timer). Pressing the power button still turns off and locks the screen when Daydream is enabled.

6. If you want Daydream to begin immediately, tap Start now.

7. To exit Daydream mode, tap the tablet screen.

When using certain Daydream apps, you might need to press the power button to exit Daydream mode.

Let's work on the weather and news, once we've got the above sorted.
(One step at a time)

Let me know how that pans out

I will have a colleague follow-up on this to ensure it's taken care off,

as I need to know if the issue has been resolved, to get proper sleep at night.

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon,

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' as it would help the community gain more knowledge, and have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Riddle_Decipher, Sorry I have not gotten back, I don't login to the community very often. And thank you very much for the instructions. I still need help to get Photos to work in Daydream. It says "No photos selected", but I have photos in the google Photos app.

HP Recommended

@JaneSnow the pleasure is all mine, could you share a screenshot of the same, so I could help you out!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sure, here they are:

Screenshot_2019-05-30-13-36-32.png

Screenshot_2019-05-30-13-36-39.png

HP Recommended

@JaneSnow I suggest you try with different image formats, its possible the ones currently selected are not supported, I recommend you try .PNG, .JPEG, etc and check if that makes a difference.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.