Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 10 G2
Android 5.0 Lollipop

I would like to upgrade my Android version and have no idea how. I have 5.0.1 and it is set for auto upgrades, and I thought should have upgraded when version 6.0 came out, but nothing happened, and now seven is out. Or are firmware upgrades not available for my tablet?  Thanks in advance. ☺

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The "Android Updates" showing newer versions of Android on the HP site are empty folders.  There are no updates available.  What you have on the tablet is all that will be offered by HP.  You can pick any flavor of Android and see the same files.

HP has basically abandoned the Android Tablet market.  Many of the rebuild files are missing from their support site, and they announced last year that they are pulling out of the entry-level Android market.

Sorry!

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@JoannaElena

Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 🙂

I understand that you have an HP 10 Tablet G2 and it came preinstalled with Android Lollipop version and you would like to upgrade to the newer versions of Android like Marshmallow or Nougat. I read that you have set the tablet to auto update the Android version but it did not. I'll do my best to help you with this case.

I did some research and found that there are no firmware updates for this tablet model. However, the newer Android operating systems are available at the HP website for an update. You may download the Android update via this link on your SD card: http://hp.care/2lEQpSV. Ideally, you may update the operating system by following the below steps. But if it doe snot work for you then you may download directly from the HP website link provided:

1. On the Home screen, touch the All apps icon, and then touch the Settings icon.

2. In the System section, touch About tablet.

Figure : About tablet

About tablet in the System section of the Settings menu
  3. See the information under Android version for the OS version installed on your tablet.

Figure : Android version

Android version in the About tablet menu

If the above steps don't work then please try the below method to update. 

NOTE: please download the desired Android on the SD card.  Once the download is successful, please perform the below steps:

1. With the tablet powered off, press and hold the volume up (+) and volume down (-) and power buttons at the same time.

2. When the HP logo displays on the screen, release the buttons.

3. When the Android system recovery menu displays, use the volume down (-) button to highlight apply update from SD card.

Wipe data/factory reset highlighted in Android system recovery menu

• Press the power button to select.

• The screen displays Confirm wipe of all user data? THIS CAN NOT BE UNDONE. Use the volume down (-) button to highlight Yes.

• Please follow the onscreen instructions to continue and complete.

Hope this information helps. Let me know. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

The "Android Updates" showing newer versions of Android on the HP site are empty folders.  There are no updates available.  What you have on the tablet is all that will be offered by HP.  You can pick any flavor of Android and see the same files.

HP has basically abandoned the Android Tablet market.  Many of the rebuild files are missing from their support site, and they announced last year that they are pulling out of the entry-level Android market.

Sorry!

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.