Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 7 1800

I have a universal, external keyboard and need to know how to connect it to my HP 7 1800 tablet?

And, why, when I try to call HP, right after the recording says, "Please hold, I'll connect you", the line drops and I have to make the call all over again. And it keeps happening!

How do you reach a person in this company?!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@LaHill

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

As I understand you want information on - How to connect an external keyboard to your HP 7 1800 tablet,

No worries as I'd love to help, however, I need a few more details to provide an accurate solution:

Have you attempted any steps of your own before posting on HP forums?

Do you have an OTG or On The Go cable for the setup?

If you don't, you'll need one before this is how the setup works:

When a USB keyboard is connected to your tablet using a USB OTG cable, touch inside a text input area to begin using the keyboard.

Figure : Tablet with keyboard attached using an OTG cable

Tablet with keyboard attached using an OTG cable

The following applies when using a USB keyboard on your tablet:

• The on-screen keyboard is hidden when a physical keyboard is connected.

• Some of the key combinations that perform actions on Windows computers also work on a tablet, in most apps. For example, you can Cut (Ctrl + X), Copy (Ctrl + C), and Paste (Ctrl + V) using your keyboard.

• To find settings options for the physical keyboard, go to the Settings menu, touch Language & input, and look in the Physical keyboard section. For more information, refer to the HP support document Using the Keyboard.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS AND STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS

Keep me posted,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.