Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Slate 21

my HP slate has stopped working, it wont even switch on. I have tried the power/volume buttons but no joy. Will try a new power cable next but any other ideas?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@CarlJ73

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

If the screen is black and does not respond when you push the power button, follow these steps:

1. Verify that you are using the correct charger for the tablet.

Using a charger from another source, such as a cell phone charger, may cause the tablet to charge slowly, or it may not charge at all. Charge the tablet using the AC adapter that came with your tablet.

2. Verify the tablet is receiving power from the AC adapter.

Verify that the AC adapter is not damaged and that it is connected correctly to a working wall outlet plug. Examine the AC adapter, wiring, and mini-USB connection for damage.

3. Try a different power outlet

Plug the adapter into a different power outlet and try to turn on the tablet.

4. Use a different AC power adapter.

If you have access to a different AC adapter that is designed for the tablet, connect the adapter and try to start the tablet.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.