03-25-2018 05:32 PM
03-28-2018 04:42 AM
TOUCH SCREEN IS UNRESPONSIVE TO TOUCH
- The screen is locked : If the screen displays a lock icon and does not respond to touch, the screen needs to be unlocked, using whichever method is currently set to unlock the screen. Press the powerbutton to display the lock screen. If the default lock screen is set, place one finger on the lock icon, and slide across the screen until you see an unlock icon in a white circle.
- A screen protector is installed : If the protective film on the touch screen is too thick, the display cannot function properly in response to touch. The screen protector must be .9mm or thinner. Remove the screen protector to test whether the touch screen is working properly.
- You are using a stylus that is not designed for the computer's touch screen : Not all stylus pens can function as input devices on the touch screen. Check whether the screen responds to touch from your finger. If the screen responds to finger input but does not respond to stylus input, the stylus is not compatible with the computer.
- There is a physical barrier : If you are wearing gloves, or there is some other physical barrier between your fingers and the touch screen, the screen may not respond to touch. Remove the barrier to test whether the touch screen is working properly.
- Perform a hard reboot. Press and hold the power button for more than eight seconds. After the computer fully shuts down, wait a few seconds, and then press the power button to turn on the computer.
- If rebooting did not fix the problem, perform a factory reset on the computer. Refer to the HP support document Performing a Factory Reset for instructions.
- If the previous two options did not fix the problem, the computer needs to be serviced. Contact HP for assistance.
Note: Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.Smiley Happy
05-11-2019 11:53 PM
The touchscreen is defective because of defective ir tape,
here is how I repaired mine :
Visualplas will open a store on aliexpress soon to sell the IR Retroreflector kit to make your touchscreen great again 🙂
Will post the link to the shop on the youtube video ASAP