Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thx for this how to!

i have installed Ubuntu Mate 17.10. WIFI Netzworks are displayed but i can not connect them. after password it tryed but after a little time password field apears again... password is correct...I tried a usb wifi stick on the same machine that work. but internal wifi just see, no connect..

what can i do?

some tips?

Greetings from germany

Pascal

HP Recommended

Hi Pascal, I was in Frankfurt a few weeks ago, beautiful city.  The Wifi for Ubuntu MATE 32-bit 17.10 worked okay on my Stream 7 and also for a couple of other recent posters here so I'm not sure what is wrong.  The final release of 17.10 is due tomorrow so I was going to do a fresh install of that and report back here. 

HP Recommended

Exited about the final version although their might be no difference for us.

Ive played around with it from usb, but performance lacks due to being run from usb, how does it run from emmc? Just wondering before going for full install.

My sound is not working btw, it looks good in settings, but no sound. I'm running it on viglen connect with same chipset & memmory.

I also have screen blackouts during boot, right after bootanimation, system is running (external monitor has image but tablet screen has no power (backlight off). My fix is to press esc key when bootanimation starts, not sure why but that helps.

HP Recommended

Hello,

let's see what happend tommorow 😉

it is a little bit confusing... i can see all the AP's...

Sound is also not working but that is not important to me... 

so waiting for tommorow

@Joe the speed is ok similar to the win10 before...

greetings from swabia (near Stuttgart)

Pascal

HP Recommended

Quote -> @Joe the speed is ok similar to the win10 before...

Oh thats a bit depressing to me, hoped it would be a bit better, well atleast the pesky w10 updates are history.

Isn't ubuntu mate a bit to heavy on the small resources we have ? Would love a smaller linux with same compatibility.

About audio not working, i thought it was working reading the info on page 1 on post 2. It's not a big problem for me also because im using usb dac, although i havnt tried it.

HP Recommended

Yes, audio works, you may have to configure some things within the U.I.  See the posts on page 9.

HP Recommended

Hello @ all

Mate 17.10 is there, 🙂 fresh installation done, but same behavior... 😞

see all the ap's but can not connect...

i am not the great linux guru so i am at the end of my knowlege how to find a solution... 😞

hope u have the same problem 😉 so we can fix it together hehehehe

i have tryed it slo with commandline tools wpa_supplicant same thing here see the ap but can not connect.

I think its a driver problem because the other wlan stick is working... 

greetings

Pascal

HP Recommended

Pascal, I am not able to reproduce your issue.  I booted the final release of 17.10 Ubuntu Mate 32-bit yesterday on my Stream 7 and all is well.  It indicated that Wifi networks were available.  I used the "Try Ubuntu without installing" option, not the "Install" option so make sure you do that.  I selected my router and entered the password.  It connected okay and I proceeded to install to the eMMC drive.  It installed okay so I assume it connected to the internet during the installation or the grub bootloader install would have failed.  After rebooting, I had to connect to my router again, it does not save the connection information from before the installation.  It works fine now.   Audio is also working after copying the files as instructed on page 1 of this thread and then rebooting.

Is your tablet the Stream 7?  The Stream tablets only support 2.4 GHz Wifi so make sure that is not the issue, I guess you would not even see your network if that was the issue.  I expect the Wifi works okay with Windows?   I have seen in the past where the Wifi password was not accepted with Ubuntu, even when using an external USB Wifi adapter.  You might try some different configurations with your router, I am not sure.

HP Recommended

Hi,

some updates, i have open the Hotspot on my iphone and i can connect to it...
to my airport express i can not connect... if i go downstairs to a other location i have access to a fritzbox (Router) i can also connect... some strange things happen here 😉 all other devices can conect to the airport...

but i can do a research in that topic now....

Audio and display i will do next week...

wish u all a nice weekend!

Bye

Pascal

HP Recommended

I updated the installation instructions on the first page for the final release of Ubuntu 17.10.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.