Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@mullerivan, I'm not sure about the camera and sound, this post talks about getting the audio working but it is not clear if he actually got it working or not.  It would probably help to go to a newer kernel although I have had stability problems trying to update beyond the base 3.16 kernel in Ubuntu 14.10.  Ubuntu 15.04 hangs after it boots on my Stream 7 which is too bad since the battery indicator and touchscreen work natively in it.

HP Recommended

yes o saw that work well in  ubuntu-mate-15.04-desktop-i386 liveUSB  but the system frozen  when try to install.

but maybe changing the kernel to the last one that want to walk... 

Have you do work the battery indicator in the version 14.10?
as soon i make work the sound I'll post a script to do it!

HP Recommended

No, I do not know how to get the battery indicator working in 14.10 although I would really like to have it.

HP Recommended

@mullerivan, I get a make error building the Wifi driver when I use your package and instructions from: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5kx9rdml6rns4ni/how_to_make_work_my_wifi.tar.gz?dl=0  Is there anything else needed to install Wifi on the Live 14.10 32-bit Ubuntu USB? Thanks.

HP Recommended

hey tell me what is the error.

shame i cant try because i  brake the  tablet.... was painting the system and rounds out of battery , here  are some pictures that what i can see...

""Selected boot image did not authenticate. pres enter to continue""

http://i62.tinypic.com/1z67a7d.jpg

any idea??

HP Recommended

@mullerivan, I copied your installation files to the /home/ubuntu directory and ran the make from there and it worked fine. The Wifi works now booted from the Live USB Ubuntu 14.10 32-bit, that's major.  I think my problem possibly was I was trying to run it directly from the Live USB without copying it to home first, I'm not sure.

As far as your boot error, I'm not sure what it is doing but you might try this fix here:

So if you have disabled Secure Boot, you first need to Clear All Secure Boot Keys and then Load HP Factory Default Keys. Then enable Secure Boot.

HP Recommended
yes move the folder to the home is a important step.
good to know that. I fix it already. now I'm trying to UAE
the kernel 4.0
I'll let u know as soon that works
cheers

HP Recommended

Finally got everything to work, except bluetooth, battery monitor. The screen changes orientation, but if screen saver goes on, the touchscreen reverts to normal orientation but screen remains in right orientation. This really screws up the onscreen keyboard and about everything else unless you use a mouse and keyboard. 

I have a mini bluetooth keyboard/touchpad I was going to use, but that is out.

I am putting away linux on the stream until some OCD programmer figures it out and cobbles together a nice distro that will work without any tweaks.

Thanx guys. It was fun.

HP Recommended

Ok so I am about to do this project. I need to get a eyboard, and the RJ45 adapter first. So I used unetbootin to make the bootable ubuntu usb. (used 32-bit ubuntu 14.04 LTS) In the usb there is no /EFI/BOOT there is just a boot (in lower case) folder with loopback.cfg in side of it. Should I use 14.04 LTS or just follow your guide and download 14.10? 

HP Recommended

Yes, there is no EFI directory on the Ubuntu live USB's, you have to copy it from the Fedlet image, this is from my instructions:

- Copy the Fedlet EFI directory to the root of the Ubuntu USB drive.

You can try using 14.04 although I think it had the 2+ hour boot up time issue due to the "Buffer I/O error on device mmcblk0rpmb" errors. 14.10 only takes 2-3 minutes to boot the live USB and much shorter after installation.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.