Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP slate 7 voice tab 6102ra
Android 4.4 - 4.4.4 KitKat

Product no. G1W01PA

Serial no. [edited]

Hi friends, I am a HP slate 7 voice tab user. Once I thought to upgrade my OS. So I rooted my tablet ...unfortunately with king root . But then I discovered that there was no lollipop or marshmallow ROM  for this device on the internet and my recovery mode  or boot loader was not working after root ....also my Google Voice recognition didn't work outside the app i.e I was not able to change Google Voice settings. So I uninstalled kingroot but it's files never left my system ...thus I though that I should completely renew my OS to delete kingroot from the deepest corner.so I went to system files using ES file explorer by enabling root explorer and deleted system files then my tablet closed up and when I held the power button it got stuck at hp logo with powered by android. I know I did the dumbest thing but I was just super frustrated .

It doesn't go away until battery is dead 

..and I can't remove the battery.

So is it a trash now or useful , please tell a solution.

Can I go to 3rd party people for repair?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi! @DAN1021,

Try the steps recommended below.

Download and install the image on the tablet using an SD card. Click Here

Refer this article to know more information about installing the image using an SD card. Click Here

Refer this article to know more information about restoring the tablet back to factory settings. Click Here

Let me know if this Helps.

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok, but as i earlier mentioned that my recovery mode did not appeared after rooting my tablet. so after root if i hold the power button + Volume up(+) it shows hp logo and" Powered by android"written at bottom..that is same as just pressing the power button only. But when i press Power button + Middle Volume Button, it shows "Product Mode" Written at center in blue font. Also when i connect it to PC it shows "Marvell DIAG Driver not installed" and "CDC Serial Driver not installed".Now, i can not go into recovery mode to use SD Card and cant use PC to do something.

HP Recommended

Hi! @DAN1021,

Thanks for writing back to us.

As you are unable to go into recovery mode using the SD card.

You need to contact HP  support for the service option.

Contact HP support using this link. Click Here

Take Care! 

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i visited the nearest hp service center a few days ago, but they said that this model was not a success and its parts like battaries etc are not available. They were only talking about hardware.i only have software issue and all my hardware is working normal. 

so the summary is that tablet is stuck on company logo and turns off when battery is 0% , no other normal combinations work to get into recovery thus when i press middle volumne + power than it shows written "product mode" and nothing else ,not even the regular android bot. When i connect it to Windows computer i go to devices and printer and it shows a box with green light at bottom with a yellow triangle error logo , so i troubleshooot it and it shows Marvell DIAG and CDC serial doesnt have a driver.

I tried to install the drivers but it is not helping as i am not getting the right driver on the internet. Also other drivers claiming to be Marvell DIAG and CDC serial are not working.

if there is not a hardware issue , then i am sure that it can be repaired .please help!

HP Recommended

@DAN1021 I understand your concern and I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.