Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
TCP1012
Android 4.4 KitKat

Can't type in password because keyboard is gone.  Tried hard reset to do a factory reset by holding power and volume up won't boot to reset screen.  This is my 8 year olds grandsons Slate 17 all in one and he is really missing playing on it.  Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@tiat

Thank you for bestowing the title of hero,

You've made my day. 🙂

And I'm glad I could contribute towards resolving the issue and finding the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And mark my post as Accepted Solution to help others find a similar solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@tiat

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand the keyboard no longer works though you've attempted a reset and it didn't work,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you follow any HP article to attempt a reset?

If you haven't, try these precise set of steps to resolve the issue:

1. With the computer powered off, press and hold the Volume down button  and Power button  at the same time.

Figure : Power, Brightness, and Volume buttons

1. Volume up  and down  buttons

2. Brightness up  and down  buttons

3. Power button 

2. When an HP logo appears on the screen, release the buttons.

After a few seconds, the Android system Fast boot menu appears.

3. Use the Volume down button  or the pg dn arrow key to move the highlighted selection to Recovery mode.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

(by the end of this document, all the issues should be resolved)

If you have followed all of the above steps and yet the issue persists, I recommend you Contact HP to have the part either repaired or replaced:

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have to thank you Riddle_Decipher your help solved my problem!  I am so thankful you responded to my message.  I had tried everything and nothing worked until your expert advice told me exactly what I needed to do.  Thank you thank you!  You are my hero and my grandsons!

HP Recommended

@tiat

Thank you for bestowing the title of hero,

You've made my day. 🙂

And I'm glad I could contribute towards resolving the issue and finding the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉 

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And mark my post as Accepted Solution to help others find a similar solution as you have.

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.