Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 3630
Android 9.0 Pie

Hi since yesterday my printer has been playing up. The paper keeps going in crooked, I have checked for any foreign objects but nothing in blocking it. The printer keeps coming up with it's either out of paper when it's not or there's a paper jam which there's not. I can't print anything either from my phone or my laptop. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@WESTLIFE911

Are you facing the same issue while making a copy?

I suggest you do a Hard Reset on the printer and update the firmware for the printer.

(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.

(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.

Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

Click here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-deskjet-3630-all-in-one-printer-series/7172306/document/c029...

Restart the printer.

Clean the paper rollers

Use an automated utility to clean the paper feed rollers inside the printer.

1. Press the Power button to turn on the printer.

2. Remove paper from the input tray.

3. Press and hold the Power button, press the Cancel button three times, press the Start Copy Color button seven times, and then release the Power button.

The printer makes some noise for approximately one minute.

4. Wait until the printer is silent before you proceed.

Try to print.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for joining the HP Community.

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Hi I've done everything you've suggested and it hasn't resolved my problem the only that has fixed is the paper doesn't seem to be going in crooked anymore 

HP Recommended

@WESTLIFE911

If you are facing the same issue while making photocopies, then it is likely to be a Hardware issue

I suggest you contact HP Support for Service Options

Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/ and select your Country to get the Contact details for HP Support

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

The printer is out of warranty now so would it be cheaper to get a new one or try to repair it?

HP Recommended

@WESTLIFE911

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.