Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Ho 8630

I recently enrolled into the insta ink program. I noticed after I installed my first program ink cartridge, I was unable to print from my phone. I have a Samsung Note 10+. I have done a little research about the printer and found that the printer needs to be on the same wif as my phone. My wifi has 5g and 2.4 and I've noticed the the printer is on 2.4 and my phone is on 5g....could this be my problem as well? If so, how do I change the printer to 5g or phone to 2.4?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Kilotangomike 

Log into your router and make sure the router is broadcasting on both 2.4G and 5G.

In general, it is recommended that you give each bandwidth its own SSID (network name).

The passphrase (wireless password) for both the 2.4G and 5G SSID networks can be the same.

For example

2.4GHz network name (SSID) = MyFancyNetwork

5GHz network name (SSID) = MyFancyNetwork5

Set up the printer to use the 2.4GHz - that is, connect the printer to the 2.4Ghz SSID (MyFancyNetwork)

Connect your phone (or leave it connected) to the 5GHz SSID (MyFancyNetwork5)

When you set yo printer on your phone, connect to the SSID for the 2.4GHz network (MyFancyNetwork)

Example - HP Officejet Pro 8630 > Wireless connection to network

HP_8630_EWS_Network_1CHP_8630_EWS_Network_1C

If your printer supports HP Smart for your phone, the setup and connection are fairly straight forward.

General Example - HP Smart Mobile Print - iOS example - Android might be similar

HP_Smart_Mobile_Main_Menu_2HP_Smart_Mobile_Main_Menu_2

References and How-to

Mobile Printing – Options, How-to, Help, and Information

Print from your Android, iOS, or Amazon Fire device with the HP Mobile printing app.

Read this document first - List of printers and supported applications

HP Printers - Mobile Printing Solutions Compatible with HP Printers

“Print Anywhere App” Supported on Select Printers

HP Printers - Print Anywhere with the HP Smart App

➡️  HP Smart - iOS and Android - Download, How-to. Videos, and FAQ

HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS)

HP Smart – “Quick View” Reference Sheet

HP Smart – Quick Reference Guide

HP Mobile Printing – “Show and Tell” – Step by Step How-to

Learn how to connect and use your printer with your device

HP Mobile Printing - Print from Smart phone or Tablet

HP Smart for Windows

Learn how to use HP Smart on your Windows 10 computer

Open the Software and Drivers Support Website for your printer > Check the Box Get the App

OR

Links to HP Smart software for Windows and Mobile devices,  includes an FAQ section

HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Windows 10)

Reference and Resources – Places to find help and learn how to use your Printer

Clarification of terms and "what the printer can do" (Specifications)

Printer Homepage – “Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

➡️  HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Officejet Pro 8630 e-All-in-One Printer series

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.