Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I found the prime entirely unsatisfactory with RPL and a serious kludge when trying to use CAS and write PPL programs. My fix was to spend several months writing a full RPL simulation in PPL. I  call it the SpiritOf48 since it is NOT a 49Rom simulator but a new version of RPL.

It transparently interfaces to CAS and PPL .

For instance you can write

-> f v 'solve (diff (f,v),v)' 'minmax' sto

and then use it as

'minmax (x^3+3*x^2+3*x+6,x)'  eval

or

<|'x' 3 ^ 'x' 2 ^ 3 * + 'x' 3 * + 6 + 'x' minmax   |> eval

Just try this in ppl.

I posted the alpha version last year on MOHPC forum and a newer version in june. Both had many bugs and a vastly improved version is near ready for reposting in next couple of weeks both here and there as soon as i get docs up to date. If you want i can email you the latest version. Let me know.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended
I just now Googled for "SpiritOf48" but found nothing. I then went to the MOHPC and conducted a search there but got zero results.

Please post a link.
HP Recommended

In mohpc forum search for 

"rpl emulator new update" by ji3m

The latest file is rpl27may17.zip

Beware that version has many bugs but

should give you the idea. New version is wirthy of beta. 

I only have the Android emulator version so cross loafing files is pretty easy. The same should be doable with the connectivity kit.

Also please lock in user keyboard mode which 

Makes := one keystroke not 4 and space is always a space.

Let me know how it goes.

HP Recommended
Thanks.

I actually do not own a Prime. I own a 28S, 48GX, and 50g. I've always been intrigued by the Prime though, which is why I found your post interesting. It's also nice to hear that your software will work in emulated environment, which in my case would be iOS. I've actually never downloaded the iOS app, but I see they have a free version of Prime and then another one that costs $25. I assume your software would work in either one?
HP Recommended

No, the free version does not include communication with the connkit, some of the apps, or the ability to write/load programs.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
HP Recommended

The paid android version does not support conectivity kit. How would it? Also why is it looking for a network? What network?

HP Recommended

Just posted the latest version of new and improved RPL emulaton on MOHPC forum under ji3m. Check it out.

HP Recommended

Yes, tha paid app versions can connect to the connectivity kit. They need to be on the same subnet as the connectivity kit (home computer, android device connected to the wireless router on same home router for example), not be blocked by firewalls, and then in the prime software go to page 4 of your home settings and you can pick to connect to the connkit "network" name as defined in your connkit preferences. By default it will be "HP Classroom Network"

Then the app shows up just like a device and can transfer and send the same as any device. Just like emulators on other computers, an emulator on the same computer, etc.

The free version of the apps has this capability disabled.

TW

Although I work for the HP calculator group as a head developer of the HP Prime, the views and opinions I post here are my own.
HP Recommended

On my computer I needed to go to Control Panel - Security - Windows Firewal - Change Settings - Tab: Exceptions-  HP Connectivity kit and HP Prime checked.

In their properties I gave only permission for this subnet.

When I do this I do not even have to go to page 4 of Home Settings.

When I execute the connectivity Kit, and after this open Prime, I immediately see it shown in the connectivity kit.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.