Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP8 G2
Android 4.4 KitKat

Thank you for posting info about product numbers, my knowledge has expanded😀. I can not find the replace code for touch screen on HP8 G2 model PR-2885138. Underneath the battery is code 785177-001 (display panel 7.85 TS)  I do not know if this is the replace item I need for replacing the touch screen😥 this part is not yet available for purchase😈😇😈😇😬😦 

How do I find replace code for replacing the broken touch screen? Will I find the code if I strip down the device? Can I replace with similar but not identical touch screen?  Should I place device in box of broken things never to be repaired😢and give up.

This is so hard. I would not have got this far without info on forums. Thanks for the time and effort posting responces  😊😀😁 very helpful forum. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@SolidScreen

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I Understand you need assistance in finding the replacement for your touchscreen display,

Look no further as I'd love to help, although, I need a few more details to provide an accurate solution:

Is your product within the HP warranty? If it is, the repair would be covered by the warranty and free of charge, just Contact HP phone support and they'll take care of it.

If it isn't within warranty, you might want to check for the part numbers listed for replacement under your service manual guide.

Click here to access it (look under Page.5, 6 & 7)

And you're right, that's the correct part number.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@SolidScreen

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I Understand you need assistance in finding the replacement for your touchscreen display,

Look no further as I'd love to help, although, I need a few more details to provide an accurate solution:

Is your product within the HP warranty? If it is, the repair would be covered by the warranty and free of charge, just Contact HP phone support and they'll take care of it.

If it isn't within warranty, you might want to check for the part numbers listed for replacement under your service manual guide.

Click here to access it (look under Page.5, 6 & 7)

And you're right, that's the correct part number.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@riddle_decipher 

Thank you. The service manual guide contains the specific info I needed and has helped me along way to understand what I was asking in my original post. The replacement part I need is not for sale from hp, but with you're helpful reply I'm closer to finding a replacement from other sources. I can also list specific item's as spares and repairs with relevant tags and codes to help others.

1st class services from HP support.😀 

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@SolidScreen2

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I'm glad you are closer to finding the replacement parts with my assistance,
Thank you for those noble words, I appreciate it.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I must let you know that those part numbers are universal and can be ordered at any local store or website such as eBay, Amazon, etc...

To simply say thanks for my efforts to assist you, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.

And accept this as the solution to help others find your post helpful.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.