Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Slate 10 HD beatsaudio
Android 8.0 Oreo and older

Tablet was given to me by my daughter. It was reset. Now when you switch it on, it starts, then says android is updating, this goes away and the "Unfortunately, Google keyboard has stopped". After a bit, this goes away and  it then says "Unfortunately, KingRoot has stopped" Then the HP logo comes up for a short time and then the whole process starts again. And so it goes round and round in circles. Any help/information would be great. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi everyone,

still looking for an answer to my question. Please take a look and share with people who may be able to help

HP Recommended

Hello Walkie-talkie,

King root is a very bad application, it made recovery mode of my slate 7 Voice tab unusable, and Google voice too stopped working properly after using this application.

Regarding your issue, if your recovery mode is still working then your tablet can be saved very easily(or to say that it is completely safe) , procedure to fix this problem(loop etc) is readily available on many internet forms and the hp community itself.

HP Recommended

Hello,

still no help regarding  my HP Slate 10 beatsaudio. There must be someone that has had this issue or someone who knows what the fix is. Seems a shame to throw it in the bin, its in good condition and battery is fine. Hopefully someone can help a 63 year old man with this issue. I have inserted a video to show what it is doing,

HP Recommended

Here are the steps to do a Factory Reset on a Slate 10 HD tablet:   (Note.  Since you have informed us that the tablet has been "altered" by being "rooted", there is no guarantee the following will work.  Whoever rooted the tablet may have ruined it.

The following instructions can also be found on this page (with pictures):   Reset instructions.

Resetting an HP Slate 7 HD or HP Slate 10 HD Tablet

Use the steps in this section to reset an HP Slate 7 HD or HP Slate 10 HD tablet.
  1. With the tablet powered off, press and hold the volume up (+) button and power button at the same time.

2. When an HP logo displays on the screen, release the buttons.
  3. When the Android system recovery menu displays, use the volume down (-) button to highlight Wipe data/factory reset.
    NOTE: 
    The touch screen is disabled when the tablet is in recovery mode. Use the volume up (+) and volume down (-) buttons to navigate up or down in the recovery menu. Use the power button to make a selection.

4. Press the power button to select.
  5. The screen displays Confirm wipe of all user data? THIS CAN NOT BE UNDONE. Use the volume down (-) button to highlight Yes -- delete all user data.

6. Press the power button to confirm and begin the reset.
  7. A recovery system screen shows the reset process. Wait for the reset process to complete.
  8. When the screen displays the message Data wipe complete, highlight Reboot system now, and then press the power button to select.

Wait for the tablet to reboot.
  9. The factory reset is complete. Set up the tablet by following the steps in the HP support document Setting Up Your HP Tablet.

Good luck.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

I have tried the reset process outlined above this did not help. Have reset it several times. Just goes back to what I show in the video.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.