Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Slate 7

This relates to my mother's Slate 7, bought 2014. DataPass worked for more years than expected, but not now.

I have brought it to my house where I have WiFi. WiFi connects but drops frequently. WiFi enables use of "The Weather Channel" but nothing else works, e.g. email.

DataPass says "No connection" and the "Purchase Data" option does nothing, presumably because there is no connection.

I have tried removing and replacing the SIM card but to no avail.

Any ideas as to how to get this working again? Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Jonbo,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Have you tried to reset your HP Slate 7 to the factory settings? If you haven't done, you can try resetting it once and then download the HP DataPass App.

Here's the steps for resetting your tablet - Performing a Factory Reset on Your HP Slate 7 Tablet (Android 4.1/Jelly Bean)

Once done, please follow this link to use HP DataPass

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have done a factory reset now, but there is now no sign of HP DataPass at all.

Where do I get it from? It is not in the playstore. When I first bought the Slate it was there automatically.

HP Recommended

@Jonbo,

In this scenario, I would suggest you contact our HP support team. Here's the link.

I'm sure they should be able to go ahead and address your issue. 

Let me know how it goes for further assistance!

Take care have a great day!

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I take it you mean the fee-based option? There is nothing else there that I have not already tried, and it just takes me round and round in circles.

HP Recommended

@Jonbo,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have heard no more about this and have not received any private messages.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.