Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
My laptop screen is distorted after being turned on isideways
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Bernard910,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I see from the post that you are having display issues on your HP notebook. Don't worry I'll try my best to help you with this,

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you provide me with the Product number and the Operating system installed on the PC? (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...) http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Did you check for any damage on the PC?

Have you tried to update the drivers?

Have you checked if the issue persists even in the Bios screen?

In the meantime, let's start off by performing a Hard reset on the Notebook:

Step 1: Performing a hard reset

Resetting the computer can resolve many issues that cause a blank screen. Use the steps in Performin...

Step 2: Connecting an external monitor to test the display

The notebook screen display might remain black when there is a corrupted graphics driver or a problem with the LCD display backlight. To test the display, attach an external monitor and restart the computer. Testing with an external display is helpful if the notebook display is black but you can hear sounds; such as fans, spinning drives, or beep tones that indicate the computer is operating.

Step 3: ​​​​Boot the computer into the Bios screen and check if the screen is distorted.

1. Turn off your computer
2. Make sure you have connected the power cable
3. Turn on your notebook, as it is starting press the  F10 button repeatedly

Once you are in the BIOS, if the screen is distorted, it is likely a hardware failure. The next two steps may resolve the issue. The first one is to do a hard reset. I have included the document 'Performing a Hard Reset or Forced Reset'. The next and final step is to perform a BIOS update. I have included the information here for you 'Updating the BIOS' as well as updating the graphics card drivers from our HP Support website, using this link.

Please respond to this post with the details and the result of the troubleshooting for further assistance. 

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world

Available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.