Post new question
Question

Tutor
Message 1 of 13 (1,881 Views)

Virus apps (UC News, Best Video and File Manage) got inside & became system apps,cant be uninstalled

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP 10 Tablet
Operating System: Android 4.1 and older

These apps became system apps so they cant be uninstalled and only can be disabled. Even after disabling them they automatically start when I use internet on my Tablet.. They are not removed even after Factory Reset..Please help

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 13 (1,855 Views)

Re: Virus apps (UC News, Best Video and File Manage) got inside & became system apps,cant be uni

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

If you could provide the exact model number of the tablet, we might be able to locate a firmware reflash for it.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Tutor
Message 3 of 13 (1,825 Views)

Re: Virus apps (UC News, Best Video and File Manage) got inside & became system apps,cant be uni

MODEL : HP_10_TABLET,   HP 10  1901

Android Version : 4.1.2

India

Tutor
Message 4 of 13 (1,822 Views)

WyreNut wrote:

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

If you could provide the exact model number of the tablet, we might be able to locate a firmware reflash for it.

WyreNut

MODEL : HP_10_TABLET,   HP 10  1901,Android Version : 4.1.2, India

Provost
Message 5 of 13 (1,807 Views)

I believe the file you want can be found on this page:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-10-Tablet/5447816

Choose the "WW" (WorldWide") file.

Installation instructions here:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/HP-10-Tablet/5447816/swItemId/ob-151341-1

WyreNut

If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
Tutor
Message 6 of 13 (1,607 Views)

Dear, I dont know why but my HP 10 Tablet is not being able to Hardware Reset. I am following the exact procedure as shown in the forum. Please help
Tutor
Message 7 of 13 (1,596 Views)

Dear, I dont know why but my HP 10 Tablet is not being able to Hardware Reset. I am following the exact procedure as shown in the forum. Please help
Tutor
Message 8 of 13 (1,571 Views)

Yess Dear I have tried both update.zip files but while updating the system said these updates are not of this phone..

Provost
Message 9 of 13 (1,566 Views)

satishshukla wrote:

Yess Dear I have tried both update.zip files but while updating the system said these updates are not of this phone..

Phone?  You stated you have an HP 10 tablet...

HP has basically abandoned it's Android devices.  Many update.zip files are missing, and no matter how much I complain, they do not return.

Wish I had a better answer for you!

WyreNut

Tutor
Message 10 of 13 (1,560 Views)

Yess It is a 10 inch tablet.. While verifying the update.zip file it said The udate is not this phone..
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation