Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Hp 10 G2

All of a sudden my tablet is recognizing my home wifi as out of range and I'm sitting right in front of it. It is recognized on my other wireless devices. I have cleared my cache, rebooted and even manually tried to connect. Got nothing. Please help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Frustrated6910

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand there are wireless connectivity issues on your device,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you attempt to restart the device and the router to reconnect the tablet?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

NOTE: You must be connected to a wireless network before you can connect to the Internet.

To connect to a wireless network:

1. Swipe down twice from the top edge, and then touch the Settings icon .

2. Under Wireless & networks, touch Wi-Fi , and then slide the switch to the right to turn on the Wi-Fi.

3. Touch one of the available networks that is displayed.

4. Type the security key if required, and then touch Connect.

NOTE: To delete the security key for a wireless network to which you have previously connected, touch the

name of the network, and then touch Forget.

If the issue persists, initiate backup and restore:

HP strongly encourages that you periodically back up your personal data on your tablet to another device, a

dedicated storage device, or to the cloud using one of several commercially available solutions.

You can select preferences for backing up and restoring your data in case of loss.

2. Under Personal, touch Back up & reset.

3. Under Backup & restore, select one or more of the following:

● Back up my data—Touch Back up my data to enable backing up app data, Wi-Fi passwords, and

other settings to Internet servers.

● Backup account—Select an email account for backing up data.

● Automatic restore—Touch Automatic restore to enable backed up settings and data to be

restored when an app is reinstalled.

Resetting with the tablet turned on

If the tablet starts normally, and if you are able to sign in to the owner account (the ƭrst account added to the

tablet), follow the steps in this section.

To reset all settings and delete all data on the tablet:

2. Under Personal, touch Back up & reset.

3. Under Personal data, touch Factory data reset.

CAUTION: All data saved on your tablet is deleted when you perform a factory reset. All apps are

uninstalled. It may be possible to restore data in your email account. Back up all important ƭles with an

external storage device or to the cloud using one of several commercially available solutions, before

resetting the tablet.

4. Touch RESET TABLET.

5. If you set a lock screen password for your tablet, enter your password when prompted.

6. Touch ERASE EVERYTHING to begin the reset.

The tablet turns off. When the reset is complete, the tablet starts.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.