Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Slate 10

Hi Im getting an incompatible message when i try to install Myskyapp on a Slate 10 tablet. Apparently there is a way to do it but i have no idea. Does anyone else have any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @amethyst1957, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand when you open Skype app on your tablet you are getting an incompatible error.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your tablet?

Please share the product number of your tablet to assist you better.

Update your android device to the latest version and check if it helps.

Try to uninstall and reinstall the app from the play store and check if it helps.

Try the steps recommended below.

If the Slate 7 or Slate 10 tablet starts normally and you are able to sign in to the owner account (the first account added to the device), use the steps in this section to reset your tablet to its original factory state. User accounts do not have access to factory reset. If you are unable to use these steps, see Resetting with the tablet powered off for instructions to reset your tablet from the Android system recovery menu.

CAUTION:

All data saved on your device is deleted when you perform a factory reset. All apps are uninstalled. Data stored in your Google Account can be restored. Back up all important files, either on the Web or with an external storage device, before resetting the tablet.

1. From the Home screen, touch the All apps  icon, and then touch the Settings  icon.

2. In the Personal section, touch Backup & reset.

Figure : Backup & reset

Backup & reset
  3. Touch Factory data reset.

Figure : Factory data reset

Factory data reset
  4. Touch Reset tablet.

Figure : Reset tablet

Reset tablet
  5. If you set a lock screen password for your tablet, enter your password when prompted.

6. Touch Erase everything to confirm and begin the reset.

Figure : Erase everything

Erase everything
  7. The tablet powers off and the screen shows Erasing. When the reset is complete, the tablet reboots.

Refer this article to know more information about restoring the tablet back to factory settings. Click Here

Let me know if this Helps!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi thanks for the reply. Its not Skype its My Sky app thats says its not compatable with my slate 10 tablet. Can you help with that issue please.?

HP Recommended

Hi,

By reviewing the HP Slate 10 tablet, KitKat (4.4) is the last available version for the tablet.

By reviewing the My Sky app requirements, the app is supported on Google Android 5.0 (Lollipop) and up:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bskyb.skyservice&hl=en_GB

As the app requires a later OS version than available for the HP Slate 10 tablet, the app cannot be installed on a such.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.