Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp slate 6 voice tab
Android 4.4 KitKat
Send to next update in my mobile
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi! @sachingatade, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you would like to get Marshmellow update for your tablet.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your tablet?

As you mentioned you would like to get Marshmellow update for your tablet.

I have checked the records and found the update for Marshmellow for your tablet.

Try the steps recommended below to update your tablet to Marshmellow.

1. Download update.zip and copy the file to the root directory of an empty micro SD card in FAT 32 format.

2. Fully charge the phablet, and then disconnect the power from the device.

3. Power off the device.

4. Place the phablet on a flat surface, display panel side down, with the release notch pointed towards you.

NOTE: Before positioning the phablet with the display panel facing down, make sure the work surface is clear of any foreign objects. Failure to follow this caution can result in damage to the display panel assembly.

5. Remove the back cover. Use the release notch to remove the back cover.

6. Remove the battery. Use the release notch to lift the rear edge of the battery and pull it away from the battery connector.

7. Insert the micro SD memory card into the reader slot with the copper contacts directed away from you and facing downward.

8. Reverse the procedure detailed in step 6 to install the battery.

9. Reverse the procedure detailed in step 5 to install the back cover.

10. Press and hold the volume up button and power button at the same time.

11. When the HP logo appears on the screen, release all the buttons.

12. When the Android system recovery menu appears, use the volume down button to highlight "apply update from external storage."

13. Press the power button to validate "apply update from external storage."

14. Use the volume down button to highlight the software recovery file, update.zip.

15. Press the power button to select the update.zip file and launch the recovery.

NOTE: Wait until the entire recovery process finishes. The device might seem unresponsive at times (multiple reboots and black screens) when it is performing the update. 

Please find the link to download marshmallow image for your tablet.

If the solution provided worked for you, please mark accepted solution for this post.

Let me know if this Helps!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.