Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
slate 7 voice tab
Android 4.4 KitKat

my tab frequently shutting down any time and also it's heating tremendously. it's hang also.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @sethjbp, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand your tablet is shutting down automatically.

Don't worry I'd like to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your tablet?

Have you installed any new application on your tablet after which the issue started?

If you have installed any new application please uninstall and check if the issue persists.

Please try the steps recommended below.

A hard reboot can resolve many startup issues. Press and hold the power button for more than eight seconds. After the tablet fully shuts down, wait a few seconds, and then press the power button to turn on the tablet.

Disconnect the charging cable from the device.
Turn off the device.
With the device powered off, press and hold the power button and the volume up (+) button at the same time until the HP logo is displayed and the tablet vibrates.
The Android System Recovery menu is displayed immediately after the HP logo.
   NOTE:
The touch screen is disabled when the device is in recovery mode. Use the volume up (+) and volume down (-) buttons to navigate up or down in the recovery menu. Use the power button to make a selection.
Use the volume down(-) button to highlight Wipe data/factory reset, and then press the power button to select it.

The Confirm wipe of all user data? THIS CAN NOT BE UNDONE. the screen is displayed. Use the volume down button to highlight Yes -- delete all user data.
Press the power button to confirm the selection and begin the reset.
A recovery system screen shows the reset process. Wait for the reset process to complete.
When the screen displays the message Data wipe complete, highlight Reboot system now, and then press the power button to select.
Wait for the device to reboot.

Refer this article to know how to perform a factory reset on your printer.

Let me know if this works!

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.