Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
slate 17
Android 4.4 - 4.4.4 KitKat

After reading everyones problem about google stopping ( which was my problem)I did the download off the web sight, followed its instuctions as outlined. i installed it on the tablet and rebooted it expecting a fix, I had the same problem gogle this ,that not  working.so now the work started ....... heres what I did. I went to Google settings you will find listed search oen that you will see your feed open that and turn it on, this will stop downloads from coming infor now.

Next all the work starts you will have several boxes come up saying some app has stopped working.  note which app has stopped open settings look for that app click on it and uninstall it. sometimes you will get the option to restore it back to factory use that setting .

if the app you uninstalled is one you want you will have to go to playstore and find it and reinstall,what I found was that several apps that dont work from the new install are not compatiable with the tablet so you have to downladed from the SD card. my next step after clearing all the apps that werent working was to open the settings which showed all the installed apps. I opened each one to make sure it worked if not ,I had to uninstall and find one on the playstore to download. This may sound complicated but my tablet it working fine now ocassinally a bug come up but now you know how to resolve it. After I did all this I went and turned off the feed in search and been using it without conflict. I hope this will work for you having this problem. if you have Questions email me or post and I will try and help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
Appreciate what your saying to the Fix but people have spent a lot of money for a tablet a few years ago only for it to not work now due to Google stopping support for android KitKat it's HPs responsibility to provide us the end user with a fix to their problem an upgraded version of android is the only answer I want too see on here. Not inbox messages asking please stop posting on the forums cause I'm making too much noise sort it HP before it goes viral !
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.