Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

While I can find Slate 7 system recovery images and instructions on HPs site, so far I have not been able to find where the corresponding information for the Slate 21 is. Powering on with the volume button pressed reaches a screen just like the one in the Slate 7 instructions and so provides an option for restoring things from the SD card if I have a failure - but that needs the image file! At present "drivers and software" section of the HP web site does not even admit to the Slate 21 existing... I presume that this is just that that has not caught up but I would really like to feel safe sooner rather than later please...

Arthur

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Arthur

At this point HP does not provide system recovery images for the Slatebook or the Slate 21 (both are Android 4.2). If this changes, I will be happy to post here and let you know. Sorry I don't have better news to share.

Jendyruth

Please click the white Kudos star on the left to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your issue makes it easier for other people to find solutions.
I work on behalf of HP.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Arthur

At this point HP does not provide system recovery images for the Slatebook or the Slate 21 (both are Android 4.2). If this changes, I will be happy to post here and let you know. Sorry I don't have better news to share.

Jendyruth

Please click the white Kudos star on the left to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your issue makes it easier for other people to find solutions.
I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi @acn1 --

The recovery image for Slate 21 is now posted:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-127666-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...=

(See the "How to install" tab for recovery instructions)

I am an HP employee.
Please click the thumbs up button to say "Thanks!"
Clicking "Accept as Solution" on a reply that solves your problem makes it easier for other people to find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

The posted link is broken and I could not find the image by searching the Support section on the HP website.

Would it be possible to post an updated link?

Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

@TiborBarna wrote:

Hello,

The posted link is broken and I could not find the image by searching the Support section on the HP website.

Would it be possible to post an updated link?

Thanks for your help.

Are you asking about the Slate 21?  If so, which model?  k-100, s-100, or Pro?

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

Hi WyreNut,

Apologies, I should have made it clear, I am looking for the HP Slate 21 Pro AiO 200s – GOW16AT 

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Here is the page that is supposed to have the download, but they don't seem to offer Android!?!

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=6657670&lang=en&cc=us

I'll try to get HP's attention.

WyreNut

Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
HP Recommended

I have been informed you need to contact HP directly about this issue.

To contact HP directly, click this link: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

Outside the USA: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Please let us know what kind of resolution you get from HP!

WyreNut

HP Recommended

Please someone who have the image for recovery Slate 21 K 100? i cant find it on hp page, my slate its damage since i got 4.4.2 i wanna restart softaware thanks.

Hola si alguientieen la imagen de recuperacion de la Slate 21 K100 se lo agradecere eternamente mi slate se malogro no leee lso puertos usb ni puedo copiar archivos desde que actualize a 4.2.1 queiero ponerla al sistema con el que vino, gracias. o cualquier ayuda igual gracias.

HP Recommended

Hi! Did you fixed the problem? Did the HP sent you the recovery image? Thank y!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.