lesonglam
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

15G3 Fan problems

HP Recommended
Hp15g3 Studio
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got my new laptop, band HP,  of course, model 15G3 Studio. 

Everything is fine, but the fans got huge cons.

I've found that the CPU's fan of my 15 G3 Studio fluctuates instantly every minute.  The noise seems like nothing to me when I work in a manufacturing factory all day, but it seems really annoying when the CPU's fan keeps ramping up to over 100% of speed and slowing down to 0% of speed every minute, even while the laptop mostly idle. I checked the fan speed via 3rd party software.  I've tried to Systems colling policy in Power Setting section to both Passive and Active but the problems still exist.  I've checked on Hp's websites and the is one solution only which I've mentioned. 

How do I solve this?

Personally, one thing that I wonder is why the manufacture doesn't make it simple by control the fan with the proportional method which is (For example) :

* case1: when the temperature below 30: fan runs 20 percent.

* case2: when the temperature between 30-60: fan run proportionally (20-90 percent.

* case3: when the temperature higher than 60: run 100%.

It's a junior students' exercise in the Automatic Control course. Why those HP' engineers mess it up?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation