Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
840 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hiya 🙂

Wondering if someone can tell me if there's a need to remove the baterry when installing a new 2.5" HDD into the empty bay I have in my EliteBook 840 G4?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

None that I am aware of. The Maintenance & Service Guide specifies to remove battery before changing hdd. 

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Always remove power cord and battery before replacing any internal parts. Your Maintenance and Service Guide is here if needed:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-elitebook-840-g4-notebook-pc/11122291/manuals

HP Recommended

@CherylG wrote:

Always remove power cord and battery before replacing any internal parts. Your Maintenance and Service Guide is here if needed:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-elitebook-840-g4-notebook-pc/11122291/manuals

Thank you! 🙂 I guess I also meant to ask if there was a way to disable power to the machine without removing the battery or if removing battery was the main way to disable power.

Reason i mention this is that with my ThinkPad there is an option in the BIOS to enter maintenance mode which literally dsables the battery so you don't need to remove it when working on the machine. Does such a feature exist on HPs?

Ta

HP Recommended

None that I am aware of. The Maintenance & Service Guide specifies to remove battery before changing hdd. 

HP Recommended

@CherylG wrote:

Great! Thank you 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.