Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 1040 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Elitebook 1040 G3  after BIOS update, did not turned on, gives black screen and 2 long followed by 2 short beeps, blinking led shift and num locks. It stops after 5 times. The fan is making lots of noise. Nothing to see on the screen.

It looks like BIOS problem, so I've tried BIOS restore with USB flash, but neither WIN + B or WIN + V doesn't work to enter BIOS recovery.

There is no active warranty:(.

Please help!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello,  I have identified a HP support document that provides direction on this very issue.  Please see https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05178549  

Thanks,
Katia

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended
That was a scary 2 minutes, but it's over now
HP Recommended
I know right, I was so scared my heart was pounding, so glad it's over
HP Recommended

You should maybe also add in the reply that this is normal behavior and that the system will restart by itself within 2-3 minutes. Otherwise, people might be tempted to force a reboot when the machine is in this state. Waiting did the trick!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.