Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hi. So OK I have exactly this same setup. BUt my 2nd monitor still remains in 1920 mode. What else might be missing?

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem.  I've done exactly what you've suggested Soccer_dan, but I still only get 1920 on the 2nd monitor.  I've tested each monitor/cable configuration separately so I'm certain that the cables/converters are capable of 4k at 60 Hz.  I have the exact same equipment shown in your (HP's) video advertising the Thunderbolt Dock G2:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHvN1kxHlK0 .  I've got an new 2019 HP Spectre x360 with 2 Thunderbolt ports, the HP Thunderbolt Dock G2, 2 HP Envy 27 4k Monitors (just like in the video) and a variation of connection cables (dp to dp, hdmi to hdmi, usb-c to hdmi), but I can only get 4k on one monitor.  I've tried every permutation possible from the monitors to the dock with no success.  Any suggestions on how I can get dual 4k monitors running through the dock, just like on the attached video?

Thanks, Daryl.

Space-saving docking station to connect to your accessories, data and displays. One cable, multiple connections. With a single USB-C™ lightning-fast connection to your laptop, access your accessories, charge your devices, connect to a wired network and more. #HP #Thunderbolt #Docking SUBSCRIBE: ...
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I'm using the G2 dock with 2x 27" Acer Monitors and trying to let them work with 4k.

Even if i close the HP Notebook and turn the screen off, it doesn't work to run the 2 displays on 4k.

1 display is connected to the G2 dock via Display Port to Display Port Cable

1 display is connected to the G2 dock via Display Port to USB-C

Please Help.

HP Recommended

make sure the usb-c to DP connection is done to the usb-c port marked as a Thunderbolt port (thunder w/arrow label)

Also, make sure you have the latest f/w for the dock installed (1.0.60.1https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp98501-99000/sp98906.exe

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Thanks Deemehta. I purchased the cable you mention on Amazon and now I can use my 840 G5 on my altra wide screen 5120x1440 in 60 Hz! Before I was limited to just 30 Hz, so this is an eye opener. Thanks again for the information.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.