Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 11 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi. So OK I have exactly this same setup. BUt my 2nd monitor still remains in 1920 mode. What else might be missing?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 12 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem.  I've done exactly what you've suggested Soccer_dan, but I still only get 1920 on the 2nd monitor.  I've tested each monitor/cable configuration separately so I'm certain that the cables/converters are capable of 4k at 60 Hz.  I have the exact same equipment shown in your (HP's) video advertising the Thunderbolt Dock G2:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHvN1kxHlK0 .  I've got an new 2019 HP Spectre x360 with 2 Thunderbolt ports, the HP Thunderbolt Dock G2, 2 HP Envy 27 4k Monitors (just like in the video) and a variation of connection cables (dp to dp, hdmi to hdmi, usb-c to hdmi), but I can only get 4k on one monitor.  I've tried every permutation possible from the monitors to the dock with no success.  Any suggestions on how I can get dual 4k monitors running through the dock, just like on the attached video?

Thanks, Daryl.

Space-saving docking station to connect to your accessories, data and displays. One cable, multiple connections. With a single USB-C™ lightning-fast connecti...
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 13 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the same problem. I'm using the G2 dock with 2x 27" Acer Monitors and trying to let them work with 4k.

Even if i close the HP Notebook and turn the screen off, it doesn't work to run the 2 displays on 4k.

1 display is connected to the G2 dock via Display Port to Display Port Cable

1 display is connected to the G2 dock via Display Port to USB-C

Please Help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8
Level 8
993 993 55 117
Message 14 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

make sure the usb-c to DP connection is done to the usb-c port marked as a Thunderbolt port (thunder w/arrow label)

Also, make sure you have the latest f/w for the dock installed (1.0.60.1https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp98501-99000/sp98906.exe

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 15 of 15
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Deemehta. I purchased the cable you mention on Amazon and now I can use my 840 G5 on my altra wide screen 5120x1440 in 60 Hz! Before I was limited to just 30 Hz, so this is an eye opener. Thanks again for the information.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation