Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
ZBook Studio G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

A week ago I got a notification that there is a problem with my laptop battery and it needs to be replaced. I contacted with the IT company that works with us, and they tried to get the replacement into motion. Since I have the only affected computer in the office, you(HP) insisted that it has to be done through the tool that allows the replacement. I filled all the details to recevie a new battery, and a day later recevied an email with a tracking number. That was 1/29/18. Meanwhile, I had to disable my battery charging, per your suggestion (which is basically a requirement, since if something happend meanwhile, I would have voided my warranty, I assume). It has been a week since then, and the status of my tracking number is stuck on "label created".

I called the support center, and a really grumpy/sleepy representative could only tell me that the battery has been shipped (a lie!), and nothing more.

I need the laptop to be portable, be able to disconnect it from the power supply and move it from place to place, without turning it off. I can't do it while the charging option is disabled.

It's crazy that

a. The IT company we work with had issues dealing with you having me to do so.

b. That you deprive me from a basic functionality of a business laptop.

c. That no representative can give me a normal estimate on how much longer this replacement is going to take.

Is there anyone in HP i can talk to to help me understand

How much longer it is going to take?

Why it takes so long?

What can you do to speed this up and get my laptop fully functional again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Apod1

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Apod1

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.