Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ProBook 450 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've rebuilt a number of ProBook 450 G4's.

I'm having issues with the following drivers after installing the latest drivers from the 450 G4 driver page.

The Audio doesn't appear to be working, I'm getting an error every few minutes say;

A Conexant audio device could not be found.  The Application will now exit.

The speakers were working before the  rebuilds. 

PCI simple communications controller - VEN 8086&dev_9D3A - which is the Intel mgmt engine driver, which I've installed.

Also there's a driver perhaps linked to the Audio issue;

VID_8087&PID_0A2A

INTELAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_2008

Not sure if these are linked with these drivers.

If someone could point me to teh right drivers.

Cheers

Mike.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

For the Business platforms like the Probook 450 G4, we recommend the use of one of the HP IT tools to check for and update BIOS and drivers... HP Image Assistant will show you what might be needed to get your laptops up to date and also allow you to update each and all that is needed... 

you can get HP IA at www.hp.com/go/clientmanagement - Update ONLY the s/w you have installed, as it might show other components that are available that you may not be including in your images

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

I don't want to download a client management tool for a couple of machines.

I found a HP thread that suggeted to run the below file, not sure wy the installer doesn't do this

Goto this folder C:\Program Files\CONEXANT\SA3\HP-NB-AIO, run setup64.exe

However it still didn't work.

I need to know what driver is required for these;

VID_8087&PID_0A2A

VEN 8086&dev_9D3A

I have already downloaded what Drivers I thought it needed, Audio, chipset, network, display etc.. 

Can someone provide a link for the right driver that seem to be needed for these devices.

HP Recommended

I did not mention that HP IA does not require installation... After you download and extract to a folder when you execute the Softpaq, you can copy the extracted folder and run it on any HP business laptop or desktop

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

I've DL and installed the softpaq manager, it came up with a whole bunch of irrelevant drivers.

I've updated all the latest ones, the only thing it picked up was teh mouse pad driver.  I've still nto got audio on this device.

HP are not testing these drivers or are missing these.  It only seems to be these lateest drivers.  I've built similar 450's a while ago and the drivers all worked.

There'sa missing driver, or the Audio driver is not doing these Intel drivers.

Another Forum stated try the INTEL display driver, again it doesn't work.

I'm just looking for the softpaq for these drivers;

VID_8087&PID_0A2A

HP Recommended

When i uninstall the Audio Drivers, reboot and install it again, it appears to work, the speaker shows up and works. 

However when I reboot, I have the same issue.

The SoftPaq is; SP85090

I don't think this is installing properly.

This isn't happening to just one machine, it's most of the builds i've just rebuilt. Unless there's an issue with the  Windows 10 1803 build 17134.345

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.