Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
elitebook 1030 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My elite book 1030 G2 comes with a genuine 65W adapter (19.5V, 3.33A) as documented on website. As my house doesn't have any electric earthing/ Grounding system, I experience electrical leakage when my body part (such as up/down sides of hands not palm) touches the laptop body (Metal Body laptop).

But when I use a 45W genuine adapter (19.5V, 2.31A), electrical leakage never happens.

As Installation of electric grounding is not possible, Can I use 45W adapter as my daily driver for my elite book?

I know the ampere in both charger is different, recharging duration will be different.

Will different ampere affect my motherboard/Battery/Battery Charging IC/ adapter itself?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@nowshad95 

Machine needs one of the following adapters

• 65-W HP Smart AC adapter (non-PFC, EM, 4.5-mm)
  • 65-W AC adapter (non-PFC, S-3P, 4.5-mm)
  • 65-W USB Type-C AC adapter (non-PFC, RC, 3-pin)  (this one may help)

45W is too weak, it does not have enough power to run your machine (It may be able to charge your machine when idle or off).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@nowshad95 

Machine needs one of the following adapters

• 65-W HP Smart AC adapter (non-PFC, EM, 4.5-mm)
  • 65-W AC adapter (non-PFC, S-3P, 4.5-mm)
  • 65-W USB Type-C AC adapter (non-PFC, RC, 3-pin)  (this one may help)

45W is too weak, it does not have enough power to run your machine (It may be able to charge your machine when idle or off).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.