Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
745 G2

I've got off-lease 745 G2 which has customized company logo displayed on each boot. Don't like that picture and trying to get rid of it but with no luck. Tried these tools:

EREPLOGO.EFI says "Cannot open ROM"

CustomLogoApp.efi  just hangs

DOSFLASH.EXE /i delete says that system not supported

Flashi.exe also does not help

Win10 HP Client Management Script Library (CMSL) [Set-|Get-]Clear-HPFirmwareBootLogo  says "The caller does not have permissions to perform this operation" regardless of -password

What is the right tool for 745 G2?

Just in case, "ROM family" is M84.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

if the BIOS has a admin/setup password, you will not be able to change its settings including the boot logo... you will need to obtain the password from the company and then you will be allowed to do that

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Soccer_dan, thank you for the response. I have all the passwords (there are 2 users visible if it matters - BIOS Administrator and one from my HP Client Security). Shall I remove all these users? (though already tried with empty BIOS Administrator password and result was the same).

Do you know which of 5 tools mentioned in prev message are expected to work if there no password-related problems? Or there are some other programs?

HP Recommended

my recommendation is to use HP CSM to remove the single sign on passwords including those in the BIOS, then remove HP CSM from Windows... you should be able to then use Windows Hello to use either facial recognition (if IR cameras are built-in) or fingerprint identification 

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

Removed all the passwords and excessive accounts, reset bios settings and security to factory defaults, Nothing chnaged.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.