Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 g5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a 840 g5 healthcare edition laptop, that is showing an Unknow Device

Hardware ID- ACPI\HPIC000C\@&DABA3FF&1 

I can't seem to figure out which drivers pertain to this unknown device any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

try using HP Image Assistant (www.hp.com/go/clientmanagement) to update and install any and all needed drivers

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem for the EliteBook 840 G5 Notebook PC. Every other "unknown device" was loaded when I searched through the latest driver package except for this one. I even tried searching through the 840 g5 Healthcare edition package. HPIC000C is a hardware identifier code. Can someone just tell us what the device is?

HP Recommended

The device is called "HP Application Driver" 

You can get the driver from Windows Update https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=ACPI%5CHPIC000c

HP Recommended

The HP Application Driver requirement is new for 2019 generation (G6 laptops) as well as with last (2018) gen (G5 laptops) with a Spring BIOS update... a new feature in the BIOS is designed to support certain applications shipped by HP. The software can be installed via Windows Update, as suggested, or via Softpaq SP95222

I work for HP. However, all opinions and comments are my own.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.